Animatable Bed For Characters to Get In and out

Posted By Delerna 6 Years Ago
Rated 4.5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Published a morph animatable bed here
Creating this post to demonstrate how I animated it. This is just one way to do it.

First off I set all initial animations at 50th frames. I set the morphs of the beds sheet and mattress first but only lifting the mattress to pull the sheet out from under it .Then I used only transformation of the character to get him to go into the bed. And again I did the transformations at every 50th frame

Here is the initial result. It also illustrates the morph animation settings at each 50th frame. Look closely and you will also see the characters transformation settings also at 50th frames

An important process for the morph animations is to move the one being animated fully up and also move the one that will be animated at the next 50th frame forward a bit and then back to zero. This makes it so it will start moving from this 50th frame and not any before it which would make the animation incorrect.
Then move to the next 50th frame and move the one that was moved fully to the top back to zero. Then move the one that was set to start from the previous 50th frame fully to the top. Then move the one that will be animated at the next 50th frame slightly forward and then back to zero so its animation will start from this 50th frame and not any before it. This proves. Move the previous animation back to zero, the next one fully up and the one that will follow this one forward and back to zero needs to be done at every 50th frame.

Once I had all those animations completed I then started to use the characters edit motion layer to get the body moving more correctly.
I started with moving the legs so they moved more naturally that what was achieved by using just the transformation of the character.
Then I worked on the arms and the body.
I use the transformation first because I find that by doing it all with edit motion layer as the animation progresses the characters body gets more and more difficult to keep the bodies shape correct. 

Here is the result I came up with of a character getting into bed, laying there for a few seconds and then getting out.

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
6 Years Ago by Delerna
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

more

Said more because I will be doing double bed etc at some point

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
6 Years Ago by Delerna
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

more

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

more

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

more

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

more

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

more

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

more

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

more

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

more

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Reading This Topic