Profile Picture

Reallusion Install.RLD painfully slow! Is there a better way to install assets?

Posted By ajm5050 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

Reallusion Install.RLD painfully slow! Is there a better way to...

Author
ajm5050
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (946 reputation)Veteran Member (946 reputation)Veteran Member (946 reputation)Veteran Member (946 reputation)Veteran Member (946 reputation)Veteran Member (946 reputation)Veteran Member (946 reputation)Veteran Member (946 reputation)Veteran Member (946 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hello everyone. I built a new PC a few days back and I'm in the process of installing all iClone related apps on it. I've purchased a good number of assets from Reallusion store and thus the install process generally takes a long time.

With that said, in the old days the .exe installs were fast to download and just as fast to install them. But the new install.RLD take forever to download bigger file assets like 'Total Plants 2' and painfully slow to install them as well. Currently, 'Total Plants 2 Broadleaves' has been downloading for over an hour and it's only at 58 percent.

My internet connection is 50/50 and I downloaded 80gb GTA V game in less than 5 hours this morning. So, it's not a problem with my internet speed. In the 'Order History' page of my account only shows RLD installs for most of the assets. Is there a way to download the old exe files instead? At this rate, it'll take me days to download and install everything. Thanks in advance for your help.
eternityblue
eternityblue
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Seriously, there needs to be a way to simply install everything you own that isn't already installed.The web interface is also very dated now, and makes this more of a chore than necessary. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My system: i7 3770 Gtx1060 6GB

ajm5050
ajm5050
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (946 reputation)Veteran Member (946 reputation)Veteran Member (946 reputation)Veteran Member (946 reputation)Veteran Member (946 reputation)Veteran Member (946 reputation)Veteran Member (946 reputation)Veteran Member (946 reputation)Veteran Member (946 reputation)

eternityblue (8/10/2018)
Seriously, there needs to be a way to simply install everything you own that isn't already installed. The web interface is also very dated now and makes this more of a chore than necessary. 

Hello eternityblue. So, I'm guessing this problem has been persisting for some time now. Have the Reallusion folks ever addressed this issue in the forum? I gave up searching for threads because even the forum is very slow on my end.
Edited
6 Years Ago by ajm5050
eternityblue
eternityblue
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)

Well, I think Reallusion have a lot of things going on, and stuff gets updated based on priority, I have no ieda what that is for them though, next week they could announce a huge update, I dunno. What is there though is pretty ancient. I think it is inevitable that it gets some sort of update as long as they are being a content distribution enterprise. 

ajm5050 (8/10/2018)
eternityblue (8/10/2018)
Seriously, there needs to be a way to simply install everything you own that isn't already installed. The web interface is also very dated now and makes this more of a chore than necessary. 

Hello eternityblue. So, I'm guessing this problem has been persisting for some time now. Have the Reallusion folks ever addressed this issue in the forum? I gave up searching for threads because even the forum is very slow on my end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ajm5050
ajm5050
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

eternityblue (8/10/2018)
Well, I think Reallusion have a lot of things going on, and stuff gets updated based on priority, I have no ieda what that is for them though, next week they could announce a huge update, I dunno. What is there though is pretty ancient. I think it is inevitable that it gets some sort of update as long as they are being a content distribution enterprise.

Thanks for the reply, eternityblue. I enjoy using iClone and the community on this forum has always been amazing. But unless Reallusion does something about the install issue, I don't think I'm ever gonna bother installing iClone on a new PC again. And that's with me having already purchased about $3,000 worth of assets from them.

It's the year 2018, there shouldn't exist a software that takes literally days to install. Just now, it took 2 hours and change for 'Total Plants 2 Broadleaves' to download and install. I'm thinking of giving up and ditching iClone for good LOL I really am.contemplating.
toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
In case you have your stuff already/still on another pc, you  can simply copy these folders in the propriate reallusion/iclone folders of your new pc...

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

eternityblue
eternityblue
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I get the frustration, but as toystorylab says, you can copy the files on your computer, way faster that way. But I think the file browser in iClone itself is too slow anyway, so using the file system itself, you don't really need to move anything. I have my old V6 stuff mostly in an old folder and that keeps my production directory cleaner. I'm not using a lot of the stuff I have, purchased or imported, so it saves me time searching through current stuff mostly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ajm5050
ajm5050
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

toystorylab (8/10/2018)
In case you have your stuff already/still on another pc, you  can simply copy these folders in the propriate reallusion/iclone folders of your new pc...

I appreciate the tip, toystorylab. I knew this before wiping off the old SSD. But I opted for a fresh install because most of my assets had been downloaded pre 2015. I didn't want to include anything from the iClone 5 era and perhaps some assets had been updated. Little did I know the installation would be this much of a hassle. Thanks for the reply regardless.
ajm5050
ajm5050
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

eternityblue (8/10/2018)
I get the frustration, but as toystorylab says, you can copy the files on your computer, way faster that way. But I think the file browser in iClone itself is too slow anyway, so using the file system itself, you don't really need to move anything. I have my old V6 stuff mostly in an old folder and that keeps my production directory cleaner. I'm not using a lot of the stuff I have, purchased or imported, so it saves me time searching through current stuff mostly.

As I replied to toystorylab, I wanted a fresh install on the new PC for various reasons. You know, to keep things clean and simple. I thought for sure the installer should be better by now. I was wrong BigGrin I think the folks at Reallusion should take a look at Daz 3d's updater. I'm sure they already know. But Daz's updater is so convenient and it's blazing fast.

Reading This Topic