Camera question

Posted By jurien 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jurien
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (792 reputation)Veteran Member (792 reputation)Veteran Member (792 reputation)Veteran Member (792 reputation)Veteran Member (792 reputation)Veteran Member (792 reputation)Veteran Member (792 reputation)Veteran Member (792 reputation)Veteran Member (792 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Does anyone know if the following cam is supported by Faceware for iClone?
Runcam 2 with neck-brace:
https://neuronmocap.com/content/product/facerig-kit-camera-2-batteries-neck-brace

You have to use a wifi dongle (not included) to stream the video to your computer.
jurien
jurien
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (792 reputation)Veteran Member (792 reputation)Veteran Member (792 reputation)Veteran Member (792 reputation)Veteran Member (792 reputation)Veteran Member (792 reputation)Veteran Member (792 reputation)Veteran Member (792 reputation)Veteran Member (792 reputation)

Anybody?

I'm considering to buy the Faceware plugin, but I have to know if this will work?
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
No, that's won't work, or at least not easily.

Faceware needs a webcam -- it can ONLY work with a webcam, and the camera you posted is a wireless IP camera (completely different thing).  Now, you *might* be able to "fool" Faceware by running webcam emulation software (I have a tutorial on doing this posted somewhere) but I suspect that would be a mess if you are trying to do all of this with LIVE.  (If not, if you don't need it in real time, you'd be better off capturing the video with a regular old video camera, like a GoPro or something).  Let's put it this way -- I'm fairly technically competent and I wouldn't try this.

Now -- I do have a solution for you, which is actually far better and costs about the same.  Use the iPhone X Live plugin ($250) with wi-fi.  You'll have to buy the iPhone X (no other phone will do) but that's around 1K and the total cost of both costs about what Faceware and that camera you're looking at would.  It will work wireless, and be far easier to manage (You can actually even do it WAY remotely, like in another part of the world, although the logistics of that boggle my mind).

I have both Faceware and the iPhone Faceshift and I like the iPhone Faceshift better (for one thing it will work practically in the dark, which is a real consideration for the rig you are looking at, which at the minimum would need a light source attached to that camera).  At the very least you might check it out.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
jurien
jurien
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Hey Kelleytoons, 

Thank you so much for the detailed answer and a possible solution.

Already was afraid that isn't easy to setup.
But i'm confused by the videos / tutorials by reallusion.
Like the one with the headcam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNShqaKPU6I
Is he just using a really long cable to connect to his computer? 

So did you notice a difference in results using iphone vs webcam? 
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Yes, they are using a USB cable to connect to the computer in their demos.

I have a whole thread on the differences between Faceware and Faceshift -- it's right in this particular forum (with examples).  I like the iPhone better than Faceware, TBH.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
jurien
jurien
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Again, thank you!

I will check out your thread.
Edited
6 Years Ago by jurien

Reading This Topic