Profile Picture

Standalone Faceware in Realtime

Posted By kathytarochione 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
kathytarochione
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Please forgive me, I’m new to Motion Live and Faceware. I’m not understanding what i need to purchase to use the Faceware in realtime. Bear with me, I’m a 72 year old self taught, amateur animator. I have iClone 4. I purchased a Mocap plugin years ago with xbox. I’m confused at this point.
I have CrazyTalk 8 pro, CrazyTalk Animator 3 as well.

My goal is to use the Faceware realtime to do my Live broadcasts. I know I can get the LIVE FACE with CrazyTalk Animator 3 if I purchase an iPhone X, but that’s too expensive. I’m just not sure what i need to purchase. I don’t understand if Faceware realtime is included with iClone 7 or Motion Live or a standalone.

Please help me. Thank you.

LifeStory Designer
PICTURE A MOMENT PRODUCTIONS
www.pictureamoment.com
demiankz
demiankz
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I agree, the requirements as detailed on the various pages are beyond confusing. It's almost like they're doing it on purpose to try to get people to buy more than they need to buy. Anyway, Faceware is a separate purchase, currently $990 in the reallusion store. You'll also need the Motion Live plug-in (included with some bundles or $100 al la carte). And I bet you'll need to upgrade iCLone to a more recent version. Probably the latest version. $119.
Tony (RL)
Tony (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Group: Administrators
kathytarochione (8/4/2018)
Please forgive me, I’m new to Motion Live and Faceware. I’m not understanding what i need to purchase to use the Faceware in realtime. Bear with me, I’m a 72 year old self taught, amateur animator. I have iClone 4. I purchased a Mocap plugin years ago with xbox. I’m confused at this point.
I have CrazyTalk 8 pro, CrazyTalk Animator 3 as well.

My goal is to use the Faceware realtime to do my Live broadcasts. I know I can get the LIVE FACE with CrazyTalk Animator 3 if I purchase an iPhone X, but that’s too expensive. I’m just not sure what i need to purchase. I don’t understand if Faceware realtime is included with iClone 7 or Motion Live or a standalone.

Please help me. Thank you.

Hi kathytarochione,

We are sorry about confusing you.

For using Faceware to do mocap in iClone, you need to prepare a mocap device, which will be a web camera, and then you need to purchase (or upgrade to) iClone 7.22 or above, Motion LIVE plug-in, and Faceware Profile, which already includes Faceware Realtime.

You might check out the Required Tools Chart to know more what you will need.

Tony
Product Marketing Manager 

www.reallusion.com
Edited
6 Years Ago by Tony (RL)
Tony (RL)
Tony (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Group: Administrators
demiankz (12/3/2018)
I agree, the requirements as detailed on the various pages are beyond confusing. It's almost like they're doing it on purpose to try to get people to buy more than they need to buy. Anyway, Faceware is a separate purchase, currently $990 in the reallusion store. You'll also need the Motion Live plug-in (included with some bundles or $100 al la carte). And I bet you'll need to upgrade iCLone to a more recent version. Probably the latest version. $119.

Hi demiankz,

Thank you for your clear explanation. The Motion LIVE website was confusing, but we update it currently to make people less confused. Please visit the new version of the website.

Tony
Product Marketing Manager 

www.reallusion.com
Edited
6 Years Ago by Tony (RL)

Reading This Topic