Profile Picture

Character Creator 3 - Work-In-Progress 2 (Pre-Order Now!)

Posted By Miranda (RL) 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.

Character Creator 3 - Work-In-Progress 2 (Pre-Order Now!)

Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 38 minutes ago
Kelleytoons (8/19/2018)
Peter (RL) (8/19/2018)
Currently Daz Genesis,

Still just 3 and 8, right?  Or did you get 1, 2 working?

(Only slightly curious -- Daz 1,2 is pretty bad compared to 3,8).

Daz Genesis 1 & 2 do import now but at the moment there are some minor issues that still need to be fixed. Hopefully they will be officially supported by release time.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Tapticc (8/18/2018)

Hi Peter, are we able to create our own transformation profiles?

Hi.. A custom profile can't be created. The Transformer button is a one click process. It automatically determines the model being imported and converts accordingly.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Firepro
Firepro
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Will CC3 support HDPI, (high dpi monitors) so the text will not be small when using high resolution displays? 
LookingGlassGraphics
LookingGlassGraphics
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I'm working with the Jimmy Toon base for various animations. I don't know if this would be possible but will the base be supported in CC3? It would be awesome to put some CC cloth on that base if it can be converted.

J. Rosa
Marketplace Link:
Looking Glass Graphics

Primary
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 32.0 GB RAM, 12 GB Dedicated Ram
Secondary 
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32.0 GB RAM, 4 Core(s), 8 GB Dedicated Ram

_Teto_
_Teto_
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi! First post here. I have almost the finger above the "buy button" but I have few questions about CC. My plan is to buy the CC3 + essentials bundle. No need the Iray because I'll render elsewhere. My questions are:
- Can I make my own morphs (with their sliders)? I mean I have a character. I want to add a deformity somewhere, but I want it from barely visible to monstrous. So I can use it on another character if needed. So I need one ore more sliders to have control. Will it be possible to have tools for morphs? I've read that we can do that with ZBrush and import it via GoZ. Is it possible with Blender? Will it be in a near future? I can't afford ZBrush, it's too expensive.
- Can I take your base model, export it, add something (like horns for example) and import it in CC and the standard morphs/sliders continue to work nicely?
- Put another way. I want horns on my characters. So we have the horns, and tormented skin around the base. So I would export my character elsewhere, put the horns, merge them and sculpt the tormented skin around the base. Reimport them. Maybe multiple time in order to create sliders. Will it be possible without having to use ZBrush?
I need clarifications, because if I need something that isn't in the bundle, and I have to buy it in the shop because I just can't do it myself, it will be a solid no-go.
I hope my questions are clear ! ^^'
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Peter from RL tells us we will be able to create morphs the same way we can do now with CC2, so the answer to all your questions is yes.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
illusionLAB
illusionLAB
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
export my character elsewhere, put the horns, merge them and sculpt the tormented skin around the base. Reimport them.

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to 'merge' new geo to the base CC models - only push/pull the existing geometry to create your morphs as the poly count has to remain untouched.
_Teto_
_Teto_
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)

Kelleytoons (8/20/2018)
Peter from RL tells us we will be able to create morphs the same way we can do now with CC2, so the answer to all your questions is yes.

Ah, thanks! No need to use Zbrush for this, I suppose?
_Teto_
_Teto_
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

illusionLAB (8/20/2018)
export my character elsewhere, put the horns, merge them and sculpt the tormented skin around the base. Reimport them.

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to 'merge' new geo to the base CC models - only push/pull the existing geometry to create your morphs as the poly count has to remain untouched.

Pretty sad, if it's the case. Of course, I'll be able to add new body parts as "clothes" and when all is done, go back to Blender to adjust the result (by cutting and sewing). But it's a pain, really.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

_Teto_ (8/20/2018)
Hi! First post here. I have almost the finger above the "buy button" but I have few questions about CC. My plan is to buy the CC3 + essentials bundle. No need the Iray because I'll render elsewhere. My questions are:
- Can I make my own morphs (with their sliders)? I mean I have a character. I want to add a deformity somewhere, but I want it from barely visible to monstrous. So I can use it on another character if needed. So I need one ore more sliders to have control. Will it be possible to have tools for morphs? I've read that we can do that with ZBrush and import it via GoZ. Is it possible with Blender? Will it be in a near future? I can't afford ZBrush, it's too expensive.
- Can I take your base model, export it, add something (like horns for example) and import it in CC and the standard morphs/sliders continue to work nicely?
- Put another way. I want horns on my characters. So we have the horns, and tormented skin around the base. So I would export my character elsewhere, put the horns, merge them and sculpt the tormented skin around the base. Reimport them. Maybe multiple time in order to create sliders. Will it be possible without having to use ZBrush?
I need clarifications, because if I need something that isn't in the bundle, and I have to buy it in the shop because I just can't do it myself, it will be a solid no-go.
I hope my questions are clear ! ^^'

Hi...

Morph sliders can be created in any 3D modelling software, you are not forced to use ZBrush.

As already explained you can't add geometry, but you can reshape as you wish. If you need horns on your character then you could add them as an "accessory" which is attached to the characters head. They can still be exported with the finished character.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic