Profile Picture

Earth-Link Origins: Prologue | First Look

Posted By BurningEarthVFX 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
BurningEarthVFX
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Hello, everyone! I wanted to showcase a little something I made with my team. These are the first 2 minutes of our big sci-fi project, Earth-Link Origins. This is just a small fraction of what we are planning to accomplish. (Please note that there is some cussing in the dialogue before viewing).

We are planning to release the first 20 minutes of this project to YouTube for free, and this clip is just one small fraction of that. More shall come over the next couple of months. This clip was made with 3D Studio Max, iClone 7, and After Effects, with 3D models produced by Hayden Aeries and Michael Wiley and characters made in Character Creator. Thanks for watching!
Lamias
Lamias
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
That's nice!! It looks like a lot of work went into this!!

Looking forward to seeing the rest of it. Is it going to be a series or a single film?

My YouTube Channel
Phoenix   Wink

Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I liked it so far although I noted a couple of things.

There was some jerkiness when the main brought his hands up at :54 seconds in. A little smoothing will solve it.

The only other thing, and this bugged me about Star Wars as well, is the holograph. If a race has
advanced far enough to build large ships that can travel the galaxy, why are their holographic communications so terrible?
It would be the same as if we still used two cans and a string to communicate. This form of communication should be 
clear and uninterrupted in order to be usable. This is especially true in the military where clear communications would be mandatory.

I would expect there to be relay stations on planets, or asteroids to strengthen the signal if that is a problem. These might even be the
target of an enemy attack, either through disruption or the physical destruction of the relay.

Just my take on it, but not necessarily a valid one as I don't know everything about the story yet.

Cool pete.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
rogyru
rogyru
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Congrats that's a quality trailer , very good use of lighting and materials and the transitions are neat.
Dr. Nemesis
Dr. Nemesis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Interesting start. You say the first 20 mins will be for free. Where will the rest of the movie be released?
Warped Reality VFX
Warped Reality VFX
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
As a sci-fi fan very nice start I look forward to seeing where this goes nice work.

Warped Reality VFX.
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

So sorry for missing this when you posted 9 days ago ...
Well - it certainly captured my interest and now that I'm becoming 'ever more aware' of the effort that goes into projects like this - I'm simply going to say "well done"!!!
I do like sci-fi - I'm *really* keen to see more of this .... please keep us posted ! 
Steve.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

BurningEarthVFX
BurningEarthVFX
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Thank you all so much for the kind words and feedback!

Lamias (8/2/2018)
That's nice!! It looks like a lot of work went into this!! 

Looking forward to seeing the rest of it. Is it going to be a series or a single film? 

We are planning to release the project at large as a series of five films, each being 60-120 minutes in length. As mentioned before, the first 20 minutes of the overall project will be free for anyone who wants to get into it.

Peter Blood (8/2/2018)
There was some jerkiness when the main brought his hands up at :54 seconds in. A little smoothing will solve it. 

The only other thing, and this bugged me about Star Wars as well, is the holograph. If a race has
advanced far enough to build large ships that can travel the galaxy, why are their holographic communications so terrible?
It would be the same as if we still used two cans and a string to communicate. This form of communication should be 
clear and uninterrupted in order to be usable. This is especially true in the military where clear communications would be mandatory.

I would expect there to be relay stations on planets, or asteroids to strengthen the signal if that is a problem. These might even be the 
target of an enemy attack, either through disruption or the physical destruction of the relay.

Just my take on it, but not necessarily a valid one as I don't know everything about the story yet.

I do plan to get the animation smoothed out a bit for when we release the final version of our first 20 minutes.

As for the hologram, it was a creative decision for the project at large -- while we're certainly using familiar sci-fi tropes such as semi-poor holograms (which are of course both good and bad), the real focus we want to bring is to the story itself, and the characters, rather than the technology they use.

rogyru (8/2/2018)
Congrats that's a quality trailer , very good use of lighting and materials and the transitions are neat. 

Thank you!

Dr. Nemesis (8/3/2018)
Interesting start. You say the first 20 mins will be for free. Where will the rest of the movie be released?

We are planning to release and distribute the full series through Amazon, YouTube Red, and potentially other digital media outlets as well. We are releasing the first 20 minutes for free as part of our marketing strategy, to get people into the story.

Kevin L (8/3/2018)
As a sci-fi fan very nice start I look forward to seeing where this goes nice work.

Thank you!

sonic7 (8/3/2018)
So sorry for missing this when you posted 9 days ago ...
Well - it certainly captured my interest and now that I'm becoming 'ever more aware' of the effort that goes into projects like this - I'm simply going to say "well done"!!! 
I do like sci-fi - I'm *really* keen to see more of this .... please keep us posted ! 
Steve. 

Thank you! There's certainly a lot more to be done, but I'll gladly share progress as we are able!
Edited
6 Years Ago by BurningEarthVFX
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

*** I forgot to say *well done* to your 'crew' who're helping out with this venture! ***

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7

Reading This Topic