iClone character not responding to Motion Live-Leap Motion controller

Posted By hale_65 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

iClone character not responding to Motion Live-Leap Motion controller

Author
hale_65
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I must be overlooking something really simple.  I have the Leap Motion sensor connected and functioning.  The Leap Motion Diagnostic Visualizer shows my fingers, hands and forearms motion being captured just fine.  In the iClone Motion Live window under Gear List, the Leap Motion controller is listed and its ON button is green. Under Character List is Motion_dummy_male and its "hand" box is checked.  I can operate both the Preview and the Record buttons.  But when I hit Preview and then Space Bar, the Motion_dummy_male in my iClone viewport makes not a move.  What am I missing?  Anyone?
gordryd
gordryd
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I'm assuming you are using the Leap 3.2.1 s/w and not the latest version (known issues with Motion Live).
Can you post a screen shot of the Motion Live window?

Reallusion Certified Director / Reallusion Best Visual Award / Reallusion Certified Content Developer
See all the G-Tools Plug-Ins available for iClone here: G-Tools Plug-Ins

hale_65
hale_65
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)

Thanks very much for coming to my aid.  Yes, I'm using the Leap device driver 3.2.1 and, as you can see in the attached screen shots, the Leap Motion Diagnostic Visualizer recognizes my hands just fine.  Everything seems to work EXCEPT my dummy.  Neither in Preview nor in Record mode (after pressing the space bar).  No movement in the dummy's hands, fingers, forearms.  I'm running the latest iClone version on the latest Windows 10 update.  My CPU is an Intel i9-7980XE with 128GB RAM.  On this workstation I am able to run Faceware with Motion LIVE and my iClone characters respond just fine.  I know this is a tough one, so I deeply appreciate your thoughts.https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/40f1cde9-f17b-4b43-a3a5-cdf7.jpghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f61cce7e-8e79-46f0-bcce-eebe.jpg
gordryd
gordryd
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hmm - settings look OK to me, but I'm no expert.  I did see something about Win 10 issue on LEAP forum, but maybe 3.2.1 addresses that?

https://forums.leapmotion.com/t/resolved-windows-10-fall-creators-update-bugfix/6585

If you record, does it create a 'Motion' event in the timeline?

Reallusion Certified Director / Reallusion Best Visual Award / Reallusion Certified Content Developer
See all the G-Tools Plug-Ins available for iClone here: G-Tools Plug-Ins

hale_65
hale_65
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I think I have it working now.  I went into the Edit Motion Layer window and under the IK Mode tab I switched the Keying Mode from Full Body to Body Part.  When I closed the Edit Motion Layer window and reopened the Motion Live window, my dummy's fingers moved in response to the singles from the Leap Motion sensor device.  Thank you very much for getting me to look at the Motion Gesture area of the Timeline.  That's what drew my attention to the Full Body-Part Body switches.  Thanks so much.
Kalex
Kalex
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Hello, 

I have the same problem. I just purchased LEAP today and I'm exactly in the same situation. Everything seems to be OK with the settings, but when I try to preview or record the hands motions, nothing happens with the Dummy. I tried to do what you talked about, switching the "full body" to "body part" in IK mode, still the same.... Ermm
tattoo53
tattoo53
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
i am having the same issue ik solution not working for me either has anyone found a fix to the problem thanks
tattoo53
tattoo53
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)New Member (49 reputation)

i fixed the problem by selecting a different character while the character i was using was still selected and motion live was still open, the new character responded to movements so switched back to the other character that also responded , closed iclone reopened  everything working as it should
Edited
5 Years Ago by tattoo53
hcameron90
hcameron90
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I'm just wondering is anyone having problems with leap motion? I know Mike Kelly mentioned he had issues when using the forearms and that only the fingers worked. 
I want to buy leap motion but if there are problems with bad hand, finger, and forearms than I may wait.
lassinger
lassinger
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)

unfortunately i have the same problem here. wanted to test leap motion for the first time today, but the character in iclone does not react...
are there any new ideas to solve this problem?
leap motion is recognized correctly by iclone, so everything should work - but it doesn't...

thank you.

Reading This Topic