Green Screen Chromakey footage - Space Woman Intro

Posted By MrStockboto 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
MrStockboto
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
In making a series of training videos I found it simplified and sped things up by creating a green screen of things, and using that rather than trying to build everything in iClone.  My rational is that it takes me all day just to have a character point at a spot on the screen.  Everyone else makes it look so easy, but I still have no luck making simple movements.  So, by green screening a Genie character, leg movements go away, and having the whole thing float round the screen makes sense.  Now, I just move the finish product to point and whatever I need on the screen.  This is just a hobby for me.  Here are some examples of what I've done.  Feedback would be appreciated.

Support your fellow enthusiasts by visiting:

Edited
6 Years Ago by MrStockboto
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
It's whatever workflow suits you.  Personally, I much prefer having it all in iClone (and if I was going to do compositing it wouldn't be green screen, which is never good except for live action -- I'd just make alpha passes).  But if it works for you, by all means go for it!

The main reason I like having/seeing it all is that compositing is quite an art in and of itself.  And getting the shadows right takes such a high degree of skill that even the professionals make mistakes.  iClone is fast enough to be able to load it all in, almost no matter what (if necessary you can always reduce the display to some level to make real time preview possible).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic