license

Posted By Elyssa 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Elyssa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Hi, 

I purchased and use iclone7 + 3DXchange7 pipeline. 
I'll publish my work weekly on an asian country website. 
Should I make a note that I used iclone at the end of my work weekly? 
Iclone is not a free software, so I think I don't need to.
But, I want to make sure. So, please leave me your comments. 
Thanks!!  
TheOldBuffer
This post has been flagged as an answer
TheOldBuffer
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
There is no legal obligation to list the software you use to produce your work so you're good to go. 

Homebuilt computer - Windoze 10, INTEL i9 9900 k @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC ULTRA, 16GB 3100 MHz RAM, Asus  Maximus Hero XI motherboard, Sound blaster Z series. iClone6 & 7 Pipeline, Crazytalk 8, Crazytalk Animator 2, Facefilter, Pop video 3, Hitfilm 4Pro, Cubase 8.5 Pro,

wires
wires
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
As already stated, there is no requirement to mention any purchased software used to produce anything. People do not add a note in a book saying that it was typed in XYZ, they also don't ever mention what software/camera/computer was used to produce a photo. You are good to go without ever mentioning RL and their software - unless they offer you lots of $$$ for advertising the fact. SmileWhistling

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Elyssa
Elyssa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Thanks for the clear replies!!
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 32 minutes ago
Actually I have to disagree with the previous comments. Whistling

Although there is no legal requirement, it a common courtesy to credit the software used in a production. If you have ever sat through (the very lengthy) credits section that accompanies most computer games these days, you will see they normally always credit the 3rd party software used in production. You will also quite often see mention of made in Unity or made in Unreal 4 engine etc.

So to reiterate, it isn't a legal requirement but it is generally the done thing to give credit to the software you used. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

TheOldBuffer
TheOldBuffer
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
The lady isn't producing a game and in movie/tv production the list of software used would probably double the length of the credits. It may well be courteous and be a source of free advertising for Reallusion but theres still no requirement, legal or otherwise to add iClone to the credits which is what the op was asking. Tongue

Peter (RL) (7/19/2018)
Actually I have to disagree with the previous comments. Whistling

Although there is no legal requirement, it a common courtesy to credit the software used in a production. If you have ever sat through (the very lengthy) credits section that accompanies most computer games these days, you will see they normally always credit the 3rd party software used in production. You will also quite often see mention of made in Unity or made in Unreal 4 engine etc.

So to reiterate, it isn't a legal requirement but it is generally the done thing to give credit to the software you used. Smile

Homebuilt computer - Windoze 10, INTEL i9 9900 k @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC ULTRA, 16GB 3100 MHz RAM, Asus  Maximus Hero XI motherboard, Sound blaster Z series. iClone6 & 7 Pipeline, Crazytalk 8, Crazytalk Animator 2, Facefilter, Pop video 3, Hitfilm 4Pro, Cubase 8.5 Pro,

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 32 minutes ago
TheOldBuffer (7/19/2018)
The lady isn't producing a game and in movie/tv production the list of software used would probably double the length of the credits. It may well be courteous and be a source of free advertising for Reallusion but theres still no requirement, legal or otherwise to add iClone to the credits which is what the op was asking. Tongue

As I stated previously there is no legal requirement, or in fact any requirement at all to give a credit, but in any kind of professional production or one that that may be used commercially it is normally done as a courtesy.

I look at it this way. Say you were building an extension to your house and you got your friend Joe to help. When later you are asked about the lovely new extension, it would be courteous to say that Joe helped you build it rather than claim you built it all by yourself. Tongue

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic