Profile Picture

Exported CC Hair has no UV-Map in Target Application?

Posted By TonyDPrime 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 days ago
I tried exporting a character into 3DS Max, (have seen in past with UE4 too), where the selected exported hair mesh seemingly cannot have the exported texture material applied to it. 
Troubleshooting why other hairs worked, and now one doesn't, I discovered in outside forums the hair mesh likely has no UV map.  
So the texture works in iClone (somehow) but not in the target application(s).

Anyone ever deal with this, or find a workaround, for exporting?
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: 6 minutes ago
What hair are you referring to? I know there are few hair types from latest RL "Confirming Hair" pack, which looses UV map on export. It is actually still there but becomes singular (just a dot). RL promised to fix that (not sure if they did).

Update, yes it is fixed. After re-downloading the pack, the hair I had trouble with now successfully exported with correct UV map.
If it is a different hair you are having problem with, then RL folks would certainly know what the problem might there be.

Edited
6 Years Ago by 4u2ges
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

4u2ges (7/18/2018)
What hair are you referring to? I know there are few hair types from latest RL "Confirming Hair" pack, which looses UV map on export. It is actually still there but becomes singular (just a dot). RL promised to fix that (not sure if they did).

Update, yes it is fixed. After re-downloading the pack, the hair I had trouble with now successfully exported with correct UV map.
If it is a different hair you are having problem with, then RL folks would certainly know what the problem might there be.

Wow, you just walked in with a sack o' answers.  Thank you for taking the time to let me know!.
It is a conforming hair, and likely the original download.  I am going to try to redownload it.
Did you run into this with C4D, Maya, or Max?  Fascinating stuff.
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: 6 minutes ago
Hey Tony, no, I have none of those. I was just trying to convert an A-Line Bob hair to hair accessory a few month back exporting from 3DX and importing it back.
That is where I hit the wall. I bet your problem was with A-line as well, as I see your girl is wearing it in another thread's video Wink

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
It was indeed the last two hair packs. They did get fixed and need a fresh download.
CtrlZ
CtrlZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Rampa (7/18/2018)
It was indeed the last two hair packs. They did get fixed and need a fresh download.

Thank you for this info but I'm curious as to why RL doesn't inform us of this update?
I own both packs and this is the first time I have heard of an update! Daz sends them automatically lol  (not really laughing)  You would think we would at least get an E-mail notification? 

Home built liquid cooled AMD Ryzen 7 1800X cpu (8 core 16 thread) 4.0GHz,  rtx 3090, ASUS Crosshair VI Hero motherboard, 64 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD (Samsung 850 EVO) 6 TB HD's 4K monitor.

wires
wires
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I have to agree with CtrlZ on this. RL should notify owners of items when a new/repaired version is available.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

4u2ges (7/18/2018)
Hey Tony, no, I have none of those. I was just trying to convert an A-Line Bob hair to hair accessory a few month back exporting from 3DX and importing it back.
That is where I hit the wall. I bet your problem was with A-line as well, as I see your girl is wearing it in another thread's video Wink

Yes, you are 100% correct, at first it was wrecked.
It was that A-Line Bob-a-doodle-doo, I am also looking to render it through Octane, and it wasn't going through...
I can confirm now that yes, your advice was blessed, gone is the 'mess',
The new version in target applications is working best.
Thank you, thank you, for putting the issue to rest.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
CtrlZ (7/18/2018)
Rampa (7/18/2018)

Thank you for this info but I'm curious as to why RL doesn't inform us of this update?
I own both packs and this is the first time I have heard of an update! Daz sends them automatically lol  (not really laughing)  You would think we would at least get an E-mail notification? 

For some updates we do send out emails but not always sadly. I would always advise re-installing a pack if you encounter a problem with it just to be sure the issue hasn't already been corrected. However I will pass on the feedback in this thread to the team. Hopefully we can do better in the future regarding notifications.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic