Cool new toy! World Creator 2

Posted By illusionLAB 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
illusionLAB
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
A quick look at World Creator 2 (I'm just getting going on it).  I really like the procedural method for creating landscapes - the sky, ocean and other bits are really just for getting a good idea of what you're creating... only the the landscape geometry and textures can be exported.  The scene in my video is 1km square - so millions of polys and "as is" not particularly useful for iClone - but, using a program like 3DCoat to create "low poly" geometry with normal maps works really well... so watch this space!  There are plenty of really good videos online, but I thought I'd show how someone who has no idea what they're doing (yet) can get results!
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Yeah, I'd prefer to see if you got anything working inside of iClone (lots of neat world building software out there but little you can actually use inside of our favorite animation program).  So I will be very curious to see any of your progress in that area.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

In the past I've played around with eon's 'Vue' software - (their approach to 'lighting', I like).
This looks like it gives better *feedback* while creating and making adjustments. - I do like the large preview screen - with all the adjustments positioned to the right. (I remember with eon, you had to go to a separate screen to etch out your landscape shape - but with this it's right there full size).
Nice ...

Edit: On their website they state "Fully GPU Powered - What you do is what you see"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7
illusionLAB
illusionLAB
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

I had a quick run through with using 3DCoat to make the "low poly" terrain.  I set the "retopo" to 30k polys and ran everything on auto.  If I was doing it for real I would've cleaned up the WC2 geo before retopo... I'd also use much better texture maps and add lots of finer detail to the normal map - but for a 10 min test I'm quite pleased with the result!https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/324e4eda-9fde-4a93-b903-8998.png
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Did you set the stuff to Terrain so that those figures could actually walk on it?  Just curious.

And was that iClone water, or did you just import the water from WC2?  (I'm not sure how the WC2 water would work inside of iClone but would love to know).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
illusionLAB
illusionLAB
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

It works as a terrain - so yes, they were able to walk on it.  That was iClone water as World Creator does not export it's water, sky, rocks or trees (most likely a licensing thing as they are Speedtree etc.).  So, only height maps or OBJ for terrain and texture maps with diffuse/normal/gloss/ao.  You can also export 'area' maps, so imagine you've designated an area for trees... some 3D renderers let you use a hicon texture to define the 'scatter' area of instanced geometry.
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

I tried googling 'hicon texture' - but didn't really get a difinitive answer as to what it refers to ......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

illusionLAB
illusionLAB
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hicon is "high contrast" - like an alpha channel, white on black.
jlately37
jlately37
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
does any body know if world create terrains can export into i clone 7 and maintain is real look

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic