BladeRunner (Original) Roy Batty death scene

Posted By blindman 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 3 votes.
Author
blindman
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 days ago
A quick animation of one of my favorite movies. The original Bladerunner
This is the scene where the replicant Roy Batty  dies.
It was done using Iclone7 as a test of some of it's features and plugins
The speech uses Iclones built in  lip sync and the character using key framing

Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
That was well done. I thought the acting was fine but the Avatars' frame was too delicate to be Roy.

The replicants are great characters because there is so much in their pasts that we don't know.
We know it was brutal, and we know that brutality happened often. That might be  a great story arc.
How Roy, Tris and the others got together, what adventures they went through, what finally made them
realize they'd been short-changed. There's a lot of story in them. Oops started brain-storming there.

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
vlado
vlado
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
very good location , and the avatar makes a good job.The facial animation is on top. When we can see the movie.
toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Nice attempt, nice lighting.... Hard to convince die-hard Bladerunner-fans Wink

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

blindman
blindman
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)

Thanks for the comments.
As a fan of the film myself  I'd agree you'd be hard pushed to rival Rutger Hauer's performance, or Ridley Scott's directing skills
I'am trying to develop the technical  skills to use the medium, and create  a stye and techneque
thats convincing enough to keep the attention on a story and not the animation. The Roy Batty death scene has great atmosphere and emotion and as you commented difficult to do. So what better way to learn.
Regards

" Difficult is not a valid reason to move forward"
kungphu
kungphu
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Great idea to replicae an iconic scene.  Rally captured the mood with he lighting. Tough to make a virtual Hauer performance; but a dang good try. The lip sync was excellent. Was thqt out of the box, or did you spend time tweaking it? Mine doesn't usually look that accurate. Great taste in movies btw... Wink Love that Vangelis score; gives me goosebumps!

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

txon
txon
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
5++++ TongueTongue
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

I've never seen the original scene - so have no 'reference' for comparison.
If I'd seen this outside of the forum, I wouldn't have picked it as being an iClone creation - so there you go - it's *really* well done ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

wires
wires
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I am also one who has never seen the original film, and that has nothing to do with the fact that I consider this work to be an excellent example of what can be accomplished in iClone by a talented user. CoolSmooooth 

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

blindman
blindman
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Kungphu

I had to tweak the viseme layer scrubbing back and forth mainly removing extra's as iclone has a tendency to pick up any backround noise and try to  add phoneme's to match.

I also messed up my quote........ should have been

"Difficult is not a valid reason not to move forward"

Reading This Topic