Is this what I'm after?

Posted By Danny_B 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Danny_B
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (789 reputation)Veteran Member (789 reputation)Veteran Member (789 reputation)Veteran Member (789 reputation)Veteran Member (789 reputation)Veteran Member (789 reputation)Veteran Member (789 reputation)Veteran Member (789 reputation)Veteran Member (789 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi all,

I'm looking at purchasing the 'iClone 7 PRO bundle and CC Essential Complete' bundle.  However, I'd like to make sure it'll fit what I'm trying to do.

What I have in mind is an animated fantasy series.  In order to make it, I would need to:
- Create fairies, which have animated wings and are 1/6 the size of humans (1' tall)
- Create particle effects for when magic is used
- Import models and their animations from Blender
- Sync mouth animation to prerecorded dialogue

Will this bundle cover all this?
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
tbdanny (7/13/2018)

- Create fairies, which have animated wings and are 1/6 the size of humans (1' tall)
- Create particle effects for when magic is used
- Import models and their animations from Blender
- Sync mouth animation to prerecorded dialogue

Not sure what all is in that bundle (and way too lazy to look it up) but...

1) You will need Character Creator for this, and then some animated wings.  Probably find those in the Marketplace, but you can also import Daz wings if you have what you need for (3)

2) Best is Popcorn FX.  While iClone itself comes with some particle FX, Popcorn FX add-on is tremendous and will have all kinds of "magic" stuff.

3) You will need 3DXChange.  You don't need the Pipeline version, although it never hurts to have.

4) You can do this with base iClone, but note some of the discussions around here.  To get it really accurate will require some (a lot) of work, as you move the various visemes around.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
To add to what Mike suggests: Character Creator comes free with iClone, so it's not a separate purchase.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
animagic (7/13/2018)
To add to what Mike suggests: Character Creator comes free with iClone, so it's not a separate purchase.

True, but the CC "Essentials" bundle is atply named, and is a highly recommended add-on.  It provides additional functionality, not just content.

One other thing...  I'd add the Curve Editor to your "someday" list.  It's useful, but falls into the "advanced" category, and is not something you'd be likely to use early on.  Later, after you've mastered the long list of basics, and really want to control how you smooth out motions and stuf like that, it's powerful.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
6 Years Ago by justaviking

Reading This Topic