Profile Picture

Confused about what hair to buy to fit any character.

Posted By tbseo 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
tbseo
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I want to buy hair for daz characters and from what I gather it has to be accessory hair but I'm not sure what to look for in the marketplace so I know it's the right kind.
The long center part hair says it's cchair and conforming hair but it also says you can you can directly drag it to cc characters to auto conform to any skull size. The double ponytails says the same thing. Does that mean it'll fit the daz character or does it mean only iclone characters?
How do I search the marketplace for only hair that fits any character? Do I search for conforming hair? cchair?
tbseo
tbseo
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

I'm assuming the double ponytail hair is not accessory hair. I thought it was in the hottest hairstyle package but it's not. So if I go to "character" and "accessories" is it pretty much only hair in that section? Basically the only accessory hair from reallusion is what was in the hottest hairstyle pack?
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
CC hair would only fit CC characters. For DAZ or any other non-standard characters it has to be an accessory.
However if you have an iClone Pro with 3D exchange (I do not think you need pipeline), you can buy any CC hair and then down convert them to accessory.
If you purchased Hottest Hairstyle pack you should have 7 hair styles in 3 formats each. iHair, ccHair and .iAcc. The iAcc is what you need to apply to DAZ figures.

Edited
6 Years Ago by 4u2ges
tbseo
tbseo
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I got bundle with 3dxchange pipeline.  I can't find any posts or tutorials on how to do this.  I'm searching for cchair to accessory and nothing comes up.   Would I have to redo the weight mapping if I did this?  Still trying to learn to do that successfully. lol
Edited
6 Years Ago by tbseo
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Just did some experiments with CC hair in G5 characters chuck and Gwynn. Also tried it with G3 character Dylan but they wouldn't load onto him due to version difference.
I loaded the G5 characters from my iClone5 contents so they are definitely G5 and not the verified ones from iClone6

I have loaded 2 of my CC hairs and 2 of Reallusions CC hairs and they load. Also animated G5 with my latest dreadlock LongNThick and it flowed although it did flow a lot more that when it's on a CC character.
Also its a bit variable whether the CC hair will load onto the G5 character or not. I highlighted the 3 that fails to load onto the G5 character. All 3 are mine so I'm thinking maybe there is a variable on how I made them? Although I just have no idea what the variable might be, they are all made the same except for the style so ???????
I will be checking that out

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a5e49287-1308-44b6-8d65-6002.png

Here is what I did to use them on other characters. Its just one way of doing it. Using export from CC as OBJ and loading it into 3DXchange and saving it as a prop. Loading it into iClone and attaching to a characters head, positioning and scaling it to fit and then saving the hair as an attachment will give you more character types you can add it to that this method

Anyway here is what I did. Just be aware this way definitely wont work for any character.
1) Load the CC hair onto a character in CC
2) Click the export iAvatar button and it saves the character and hair as an avatar in iClones Custom/Avatar folder
3) In iClone load that character, select the hair then goto Custom/Avatar/BodyPart/CCHair and click the + button to save the hair
    You can see all of that on the left side of the image
4) Now you can load another character and drag and drop the hair onto the character to add it
5) If it loads then ….done

I'm going to try more of reallusion's CC hairs and other peoples CC hairs to see if any of those fail to load onto a G5 character

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
6 Years Ago by Delerna
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

@Delerna, yes most CC hair would fit on G5. The only hair that would not fit for me, are those I imported to CC2. G5s are quite interesting, they would take CC hair but not cloth.

@tbseo, since you mentioned Hottest Hairstyle, I assume you bought the bundle. If you cannot locate 7 .iAcc hair from the bundle, I encourage you to contact RL and ask them where they are.

For any other hair for non-standard, here is a base routine. It is very general assuming you have some experience with iClone:
  1. Send a base CC character (male or female) wearing desired hair from iClone to 3DX
  2. In 3DX select the hair and export to OBJ file (making sure to check "Selected Object Only" at the prompt).
  3. Open exported OBJ file in 3DX (you should have a hair only).
  4. Click Apply to iClone button. Return back to iClone.
  5. Your character would appear wearing 2 sets of hair. One is actual hair and the other is a prop transferred from 3DX. They would occupy the same space. Do NOT move the character nor the prop hair.
  6. Make sure all textures for the prop hair completely match the real hair. Some maps might be missing on the prop after going through OBJ export/import. Fix the texture mismatch.
  7. Go to real hair physics tab (if hair has one) and save physics settings (would be .ini file) and weight map.
  8. For the hair prop enable physics (if required). Load saved .ini and weight map (png or bmp).
  9. Attach hair to character's head (right-mouse click on the stage while hair prop is selected > Attach > pick character's head)
  10. Anything attached to the character this way becomes an accessory. You can save the attached hair now in accessories folder.
  11. Select any DAZ character and apply newly saved hair accessory. Depending on the head forms difference (compared to the base CC character) you would most likely need to properly fit it to your DAZ character (use transform and scale gizmos to adjust the hair shape for the best fit).

Notes of long hair

Long hair accessory would certainly behave differently vs the same hair in CC format on CC character.
That is because .iAcc hair takes 100% influence from the head bone, while confirming CC hair influenced by multiple bones including
head, neck, spine... etc. But in most cases physics for the long accessory hair is pretty much satisfactory.

Edited
6 Years Ago by 4u2ges
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

he only hair that would not fit for me, are those I imported to CC2

Hmmm, now that you have said that. My 3 that won't load were created in an older version of CC2 and the ones that do load were created with the latest version
Hmmmmm. Testing that now

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Delerna (7/14/2018)
he only hair that would not fit for me, are those I imported to CC2

Hmmm, now that you have said that. My 3 that won't load were created in an older version of CC2 and the ones that do load were created with the latest version
Hmmmmm. Testing that now

Then it's probably something different, I imported the hair I had problem with freshly to the CC and it still would fail to apply to G5. Moreover it crashes an iClone. Strange...

Edited
6 Years Ago by 4u2ges
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yes, same for me. Re-created them in the latest CC2, the same one that created the ones that do load. But these 3 still don't load onto G5 characters?

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
6 Years Ago by Delerna
tbseo
tbseo
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for the tutorials. I'll have to give it a try tonight. 
I didn't buy the hottest hairstyles pack only 3 of the hairstyles separately. They work fine.   
It just seems like there aren't many accessory hairs available other then the ones in the pack.  If I can convert the cchair though that would be great. 

Reading This Topic