Profile Picture

Confused about what hair to buy to fit any character.

Posted By tbseo 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
tbseo
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I'm not sure what I just did but I was following the steps and something seems to be horribly wrong. I think maybe iclone is looking for things in the wrong spot now? 
 I had Chuck loaded along with the OBJ hair I sent to iclone.  Then I went to Chucks hair and clicked on the weight map and saved it to another folder but I thought it was a little strange the weight map picture looked all white.  Then I clicked to save the physics ini file and saved that to the same directory as the weight map.  In the end the hair I had saved as an avatar just fell to the floor. 
I restarted Iclone and loaded Chuck and the weight map for his hair is all white (pretty sure it was before) and when I click on it the explorer window opens to the folder I saved my hair too which is just a folder on the B drive.   

I was curious so I loaded some other avatars and gwynn and Chuck both give error messages when I try to load motions from their persona saying it can't find them and both of their hair just falls to the floor when activated.   Natalie has no persona but her hair works. Not sure if that's normal.
I haven't used these characters that often but I think I used Gwyn a couple weeks ago and she was working fine.
Heidi is working fine.

Did I screw something up when saving the weightmap or long before that?  Is there any way to fix this other then a clean install?
The only default directory setting I can fine is the temp directory which points to a folder in AppData on my C drive.  C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\iClone7Temp\

If I try to load the "getangry" motion from gwynn's persona I get an error saying:
Error adding 'Perform' command. Cannot find file. Please check whether the file exists. B:\3D\Template\iClone 7 Template\iClone Template\Motion\02_G5Motion_Gwynn\Perform\GetAngry.iMotion.

If I do a search the file is at C:\Users\Public\Documents\Template\BackupiClone 6 Template\iClone Template\Motion\02_G5 Motion_Gwynn

I think when I installed iclone I put the template folder on my B drive.

Reading This Topic