Importing Vector Graphics as Props in CTA3

Posted By lancebradstreet 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
lancebradstreet
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I'm trying to import a prop as a vector graphic and I'm not sure how to go about doing it.  I read in a previous post that the only way to import vector graphics was to covert the file to SWF.  I'm using Adobe Illustrator so I can do that but the prop contains various sprites and when I convert to SWF the file imports as only one object and I don't see the different sprites that make up the object.  I had a few questions:
1.  Is there a way to format the file such that a SWF file will import while maintaining the different pieces of the object. I'd like to group a set of sprites so that I can swap out sprites to create an animation.
2.  Should I avoid trying to import the object as a vector graphic and instead covert it to a PSD file?  Importing and arranging the layers is already well documented for a PSD import.
3.  Are there any rules of thumb on what resolution to use before the prop becomes difficult to work with?  I know this depends on the size but I was wondering what people typically do to optimize the resolution before importing into CTA3.

Thanks.

Reading This Topic