How well can you sell

Posted By Harb40 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Harb40
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago

How well can you sell.

This contest is open to all who utilize Reallusion software, 2D or 3D.

Your task is to sell this item:

A bladed object. This could be a knife, a sword, axe, anything with a blade. Here's the catch, this has to be a unique, one of a kind object. Not a '1 of 3' or 'from a set of' but a one of a kind blade. Is it the scalpel Jack the Ripper used? What about Lizzy Borden's axe? Excalibur? Your choice on what it is as long as it has a bladed edge.
Have you ever seen those shopping network channels like HSN or QVC? We are looking for something similar to that.

When:

July 14th to August 25th 2018.

How to enter:

1) Like the Passion Competition Facebook page. (if you have not already)

2) Make your video, name it PC_RL_SELL (then your title)[PC_RL_SELL Buy This hunting knife … or something like that) and upload it to a site like YouTube or Vimeo. In the description use the hashtag #PC_RL_SELL.

3) On the PC Facebook page post a link for your video. Please let us know which software you have used (for those unfamiliar with Reallusion products) either in the description where you uploaded or in your post on the PC Facebook page.

4) You can enter as many videos as you like.

I have asked some friends to help me finding the best video. None are part of the machinima/virtual cinema community. I chose a friend from high school, a friend I served with in the Marine Corps and a brother in law. They will be watching and telling me which videos make them want to buy the blade and rank them from 1 to however many are entered.

Prize:

The final amount will be determined by the number of entries. A max prize of $150 (USD) if there are enough entries. Prizes of $50 or $75 if the entry numbers are under 10. We are hoping to see a minimum of 10 entries but the more the better.  If we can get over 25 entries we will up the prize to $250.

Warning:

We would like to keep this a contest for everyone so it is recommended not to use any nudity or excessive foul language. Consider this a PG rated contest.

Passion is my business.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Harb40
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Harb40 (7/6/2018)
How to enter:

1) Like the Passion Competition Facebook page. (if you have not already)

So, a Facebook account is a requirements?

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
6 Years Ago by justaviking
Harb40
Harb40
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

We were having too many problems with people not being able to access the official website forums and logging in so we moved the entry point to our Facebook page.  

We have found that many users do not come to the Reallusion forums except to browse once in a great while.  Since the majority of people now have FB accounts,  that was the most logical way to go.

Seems no matter how we do it there will be a few minor inconvieniences.

Passion is my business.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Harb40
Harb40
Harb40
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

We were having too many problems with people not being able to access the official contest website forums and logging in so we moved the entry point to our Facebook page.  

We have found that many users do not come to the Reallusion forums except to browse once in a great while.  Since the majority of people now have FB accounts,  that was the most logical way to go.

Seems no matter how we do it there will be a few minor inconvieniences.

Passion is my business.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Harb40
urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

If you change the permissions on the facebook page (has to be a page though not a group)  so that it can be read from the internet that helps, but I would suggest that you take entries in this thread as well ?    Since you posted it and its iclone based.  You can always post the entries from here to facebook for people or anywhere else your holding the contest for people.     

I am one of the many canadians that terminated their facebook account after a security breach over illegal gathering of information by a  marketting firm as a result of being friends with  various people from other countries.  That was kinda the last straw for me. I recieved notification that my personal information meant only for my friends list was shared to an american marketting firm which.. is illegal in this country.  Only I can give that permission not me friends soo that was the end of me facebook account LOL.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

Edited
6 Years Ago by urbanlamb
Harb40
Harb40
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

The Facebook group was archived and a page was made that is accessible by anyone.  The judges need one location for the entries.   If we were to allow entries here,  that means the judges,  who have no connection to the animation community and are not users of any of the software,  would have to make accounts on each forum we posted in.   One central location is what we are trying to achieve.   Also,  by holding it on the Facebook page,  it is easier for non-users to access, view and possibly buy the software and get into it themselves.

Passion is my business.
urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Page is not public i can't see it, but you can move the entries to the page for them?  collate and compile all entries to the location where the judges look at them?   That's often how its done for other contests.  The judges dont have to login to here to see them all they need is a link to the entry.  (where ever that is) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

Edited
6 Years Ago by urbanlamb
Harb40
Harb40
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

urbanlamb (7/6/2018)
Page is not public.

Sorry, missed a setting.  Page is available to non users now.

**Side Note**
Just as with an election or other events, not everyone will be pleased with how it is run but that is something we try to avoid and work hard to make the contests as easy to enter as possible.. 

Passion is my business.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Harb40
Harb40
Harb40
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Increased the prize to $250 if we can get 25 or more entries.

Passion is my business.
Harb40
Harb40
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Still 3 weeks left to enter.

Passion is my business.

Reading This Topic