Work around for Leap Motion Controlller

Posted By argus1000 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
argus1000
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 hours ago
One thing that bothers me about iClone is that when you capture hand movements with the Leap Motion Controller, and save the motion in the gesture directory, it saves only the finger movements not the hand or arms movements. Why only the fingers? It would be only logical if iClone could save the hand and arm movements too. They are important, aren't they? Sure, I could save those movements in the Motion directory, but then I couldn't add them to the general movements of the figure in iClone.

So I found a (convoluted?) work around. I save my hand or arm gestures in the  Motion directory instead of the gestures directory. Then I export separately  the hand or arm animation and the general animation of the figure to 3DXchange and save them as  BVH files, which I import into Daz Studio where I can use Animate 2.That plugin allows layers of animation. So I superimpose the hand or arm animation to the general animation and export everything back to iClone through 3DXchange. It's a bit of work, but it works!.

My latest movie THE GOLDEN MAN, and a few othershttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIl1EqVCKitZzLqaNnLK0BA

Reading This Topic