Profile Picture

How to use only one frame of particle effect?

Posted By Famekrafts 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Famekrafts
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I am creating a composition and would like to use particle effects from popcorn in the scene but only one frame of the effect.

How exactly can I use just one frame of the particle animation? 

CTA5, Iclone 7, 3D Exchange Pro, Character Creator 3, Popcornfx plugin, Zbrush, Blender, Vue 2014, Adobe cc suite, Spriter
Homebuild Workstation (Pretty old now but still working great) Win 10, Intel i7 950, 24 GB RAM DDR3, Gigabyte x58a-ud7 motherboard, AMD R9 390 sapphire 8GB VRAM.
Official Website  Reallusion Store  

wires
wires
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I really don't believe that what you wish to accomplish is possible inside iClone.

You haven't been very specific about just what you mean by "one frame". If you wish to have just one frame of an effect visible over a longer time then one option would be to render out just that frame of the effect without any background action as a PNG with Alpha and overlay it in an NLE for as long as needed. The same thing can be done with some more control possibilities in Fusion.

If, on the other hand, you wish to have just that one frame visible as a "flash" in a video then render the scene out twice - once with the effect in full and once without the effect present. You can then cut the required frame from the effect clip in to the one without the effect in an NLE.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
+1 to Gerry's comments.

In both cases - either compositing or editing - the answer almost certainly involves the use of an NLE (video editor).

One possible alternative, is to turn off everything else, render the single frame to a PNG file, and add it is as a background or some sort of overlay in iClone.  But I think the NLE approach will probably give better results and actually be easier overall.

If you can post a picture, that'd be great.

Good luck.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Famekrafts
Famekrafts
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

justaviking (7/4/2018)
+1 to Gerry's comments.

In both cases - either compositing or editing - the answer almost certainly involves the use of an NLE (video editor).

One possible alternative, is to turn off everything else, render the single frame to a PNG file, and add it is as a background or some sort of overlay in iClone.  But I think the NLE approach will probably give better results and actually be easier overall.

If you can post a picture, that'd be great.

Good luck.

I am creating a scene as image render, so just need the effect visible for that one frame, I do not need video editing, as there is no video rendered. Just one scene frame.

So how do I convert that whole particle effect into frames of animation, so I can choose the exact frame required?
I do not want the effect to be rendered as png first because the lighting of the scene also needs to affect the particle explosion or whatever effect used.

CTA5, Iclone 7, 3D Exchange Pro, Character Creator 3, Popcornfx plugin, Zbrush, Blender, Vue 2014, Adobe cc suite, Spriter
Homebuild Workstation (Pretty old now but still working great) Win 10, Intel i7 950, 24 GB RAM DDR3, Gigabyte x58a-ud7 motherboard, AMD R9 390 sapphire 8GB VRAM.

wires
wires
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Load your scene and then move along the timeline very slowly until you reach the frame that you want to render. Next select Render image and make sure to check Curent Frame, then click on Render.

Typing from my phone so terms may not be totally corect.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Edited
6 Years Ago by wires
Famekrafts
Famekrafts
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

wires (7/4/2018)
Load your scene and then move along the timeline very slowly until you reach the frame that you want to render. Next select Render image and make sure to check Curent Frame, then click on Render.

Typing from my phone so terms may not be totally corect.

yes, that is the long way of doing it.

But I have not created the scene yet, which might change as I model and build the scene with blender and iclone. I wish to save particle effect in form of motion loop which I can then apply to the scene as and when required.

I think I will need to do this long way unless someone has any other suggestions.

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Famekrafts (7/4/2018)
But I have not created the scene yet, which might change as I model and build the scene with blender and iclone. I wish to save particle effect in form of motion loop which I can then apply to the scene as and when required.

Only one frame, or a motion loop (implying video or sequence of images)… I'm confused now.  Possibly a lack of coffee on my part.

EDITED LATER:
I just noticed the second half of my answer, for some strange reason, was dark text and nearly invisible.  So I re-typed that part and you can see it all now.  It showed up okay when Framekrafts quoted it, but you can see the font changes slightly.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
6 Years Ago by justaviking
Famekrafts
Famekrafts
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

justaviking (7/4/2018)
Famekrafts (7/4/2018)

Only one frame, or a motion loop (implying video or sequence of images)…  I'm confused now.  Possibly a lack of coffee on my part.

Motion loop of the particle effect applied on a still scene where nothing else is moving or animating. This will help to choose and render whatever particle effects frame is looking good on the final scene. 

Anyways I am going to create the scene first and then come back here and try to find an answer. I am right now hypothesizing how it will work, maybe when I actually use it it will be easier done rather than visualizing it right now.

Edited
6 Years Ago by Famekrafts

Reading This Topic