Perception Neuron Pro

Posted By will2power71 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
will2power71
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Does anyone know if the new Perception Neuron Pro is also supported by the iClone plugin?
kungphu
kungphu
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I asked Noitom and they stated yes the current iclone plug will work with the pro suit. I’d prefer to hear someone from a Reallusion chime in. Oh and if you buy one please post how well it works. I’m so on the fence about it. If it’s close the Xsens quality it’s a no brainer, but if it’s just marginally better than PN, then it’s not really worth it. Unfortunately they don’t have any demos near where I’m at.

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

Dr. Nemesis
Dr. Nemesis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

There’s a YouTube vid that shows them using a PN Pro and a 2.0 in Iclone at the same time.

Also I bought a PN Pro but I didn’t have a PN before that. I haven’t used Xsens. I was gonna buy one for $7,500 but then their yearly licensing costs are kinda huge from what I understand, so I chose the pro.

The biggest deal for me was the ease of setup and the quality of capture. I’ve had it for only a month now but I’m really happy with the results (evaluated ipi, looked at PN 2, and Ikinema Orion, none were to my needs).

I originally wanted to make a YouTube video showing it in action but I’ve been too busy on the project I bought the suit for.
kungphu
kungphu
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Awesome! So you’re super happy with it? And I guess it does work with the iclone plug as Noitim suggested? I was in the same boat I was going to go canes, but you have to subscribe to the software. Promis suppsoed to be similar in quality to Xsens. Really looking fwd to the vids. I take it there are none of the typical PN issues with legs or arms sporadically twisting after a while and requiring re-calibration?

Dr. Nemesis
Dr. Nemesis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Despite the fact that this is in the plugin forum, I don't have the plugin (not so useful for me). I export the clips from Axis Neuron Pro. 
While I'm enjoying the results of the Pro a lot, I'm skeptical that it's on par with the Xsens suit I was looking at. Noitim could also do with a marketing team cause there's barely any buzz about this suit. I have no results to compare to.

The arms and hands (no fingers of course) are very good, feet do need re calibration after some spins but it's an easier process than 2.0. While it's more resistant to mag fields than 2.0, it isn't immune. My living room gave far smoother results than my basement and I wonder if my feet drifting issue could be due to stuff in the floor. Either way it's nothing I haven't been able to easily handle.
kungphu
kungphu
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Good to know! Thanks for the feedback. Hmmmm... wonder if it’s worth the jump from the normal PN suit? I guess time will tell as more vids make their way to YouTube etc. as of now I only know if the one Noitom vid showing extended use of Pro.

Dr. Nemesis
Dr. Nemesis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I just did a shoot with it on Monday, I’ll see if I can get some videos together on the weekend if I have time.
Dr. Nemesis
Dr. Nemesis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I actually did it.

Mini Review and Iclone preview

Reading This Topic