Profile Picture

Iclone usage

Posted By rycar_m 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rycar_m
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Just purchased the i clone pro bundle and just getting familiar with it. I want to know if Character creator is the app to build the characters you need and then export to icloe to create the story. Or can I create everything i need in   iclone?

Thank You

Richard
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Character Creator is just how it sounds -- it can create the characters you need to use in iClone (which itself comes with some characters to start but you won't be able to alter or change them in there much).  You cannot create clothing in CC, although you can use it to put clothing on your characters there (it comes with *some* clothing -- you can buy more or get clothes from other sources and import them into it).  

You also can't create props or other such things inside of iClone except using very basic primitives -- it's not a modeling program but rather an animation program.  One of the more essential things to have with iClone is 3DXChange, which allows you to import props and sets from other places (some free, some not).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
rycar_m
rycar_m
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)

Thanks. So I should start learning cc first  (I do have character exchage) I want to import from daz.
Richard
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

What do you want to import from Daz?  You can import Daz characters directly to iClone (through XChange) but you can't use them in CC (they remain "non-standard" characters).  You can import Daz clothing for use in CC (I have a lot of tutorials about this -- I'll link to one below) although CC3 is supposed to simplify the process (coming this fall).  And you can import Daz props and scenery (again, I have tutorials on making this process easy and better).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
rycar_m
rycar_m
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

From daz I expect to import sets,scenery. clothing,props,,,, For the moment i will use i clone characters.
My purchase included the daz extension but i cant find it.

Thanks
Richard
Edited
6 Years Ago by rycar_m
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

For sets, scenery and props you might want to see my other tutorial (there are three or four parts to this because it has followups, but this will give you the basics):

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic