Profile Picture

How much jitter does the PN really create? And what do you do to solve it?

Posted By Kelleytoons 6 Years Ago
Rated 1 star based on 1 vote.

How much jitter does the PN really create? And what do you do to...

Author
urbanlamb
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Kelleytoons (7/5/2018)

Lamb -- everyone has things he or she can do well, or like to do (usually -- not always, but usually -- if you are good at doing something it's something you like to do).  I'm pretty lousy at animation, almost any kind of animation.  Not really my wheelhouse (far better at lighting, direction, sound and writing, although not in that order :>Wink.  So anything which speeds up the process and/or makes it more "fun" is something very, very important to me.  
I will say as an actor that getting "oversized" or cartoon motions isn't hard at all -- that's "acting" and that happens to be something I *am* good at (and, therefore, enjoy doing).  Again, everyone is different and YMMV but really SHOULD vary <g>.

ah okay fun I can see Smile 
Truth be told though i have rarely used canned motions for anything there are a few things i could use them on but its usually more to test the character i just made rather then a movie or whatever.     Canned stuff is pretty limited in its use and so either have to find a mocap solution or if your wierd like me (yes i admit i find strange things enjoyable) you keyframe your brains out.     BigGrin 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
I admire your ability to keyframe, Lamb, I truly do.

I used to be better at it in other programs.  iClone for some reason I just still don't "get" the way I do Max, for example.  I think I should be setting a hold keyframe and then, somehow, either it isn't or it doesn't hold the parts I want or... whatever.   Every now and then I get it right (and then it seems like a bit of a miracle).  Now, honestly, I just haven't spent the time I really should at learning it.  Keep getting distracted by other things (like cool visuals or $$$ toys like facial mocap and such).  I will continue to apply myself at it, but at this late stage in life I'm pretty resigned to thinking it's just one of those things I'll never master.

That's the nice thing -- we are all individuals and all can choose our own paths.  I'm hoping the PN won't be a path I regret but I almost never regret the things I do (just the things I've never done).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
jasonjbrown
jasonjbrown
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I'm sorry I missed this conversation....  I have the PN suit 1.0 for a year and a half and I am also experiencing jitter, drifting and popping fingers.
Though I have gotten some really, really amazing captures from it.  As well, I posted last year a very short YouTube tutorial about using Curve Editor to fix popping fingers.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Do you have the magnetic case?  I was told that would help and it seems to do a good job, as I haven't had any problems (however I've only had it for about four months now, so perhaps as time goes by it will be more of an issue).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic