BUG: Upload ReadMe File in Manage My Store

Posted By Lord Ashes 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Lord Ashes
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Note: The Feedback Tracker / Bug Tracker does not have options for issues with either Marketplace or Content Uploader. So I am posting the bug here and hopefully RL finds it.

There seems to issue with the "Upload ReadMe File" option when creating a Item or Pack entry in Marketplace Store. I was creating a pack and due to the 3000 (or so) character limitations on description, I needed to provide some additional instructions in a text file. The "Upload ReadMe File" option indicates that it supports ".txt, .pdf, .doc, .html and .zip" under 3MB. I tried uploading a ".txt" file that was only a few KB (not MB) and it indicated that the file type was not supported. I tried the same with PDF and ZIP but in all cases I received the file not supported error. I even tried to change the case of the extension and remove spaces but in all cases the file was rejected.

In the end, my work around was to include the instructions as a preview image. I was able to upload ReadMe files for content in the past. Has something been updated which broke this functionality or am I missing something fundamental that is preventing the content from being uploaded.

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Hi Lord Ashes... Thank you for the notification. We will look into this and I will update again when more is known. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
UPDATE: The issue should be fixed now. Please try to upload your readme.txt again. Smile

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic