Profile Picture

Are Bundles needed for a beginner? (with Pipeline version)

Posted By gnrk2105 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Are Bundles needed for a beginner? (with Pipeline version)

Author
gnrk2105
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hey Folks,

Am new to animation & planning to pick up CTA3 Pipeline version. 
Being a beginner to animation, am not clear on if I should pay for the Bundled deal (Pipeline Core Bundle) upfront or should i just get Pipeline Version with no Bundles? 
If i get the Non-Bundled product, what am I going to miss?

Thanks In Advance !!!

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Hi...

The Core Bundle gives you a lot of extra content to get started with. You have lots of extra characters, hundreds more animations plus props and scenery. It also includes "Face Maker" which will give you a lot more options for creating custom characters by using the library of facial features.

If you are a beginner and want to start slowly, then you can just buy CrazyTalk Animator 3 Pipeline on its own and just use the included content. However if you do plan to buy extra content at some point, you will find you will save money by buying a bundle to begin with.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

gnrk2105
gnrk2105
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)

Thanks for the response Peter.

Based on what I am understanding, if I just get Pipeline (with no core bundle), I still will be able to use default props & chars. But is there a link where I could see, what I get without bundle deals??

Also, If I don’t buy them, can I still go ahead & download them from outside right?
Alternatively, if I re-create them ... I can save them as custom motions & Re-use later right?

Sorry for multiple questions, jst trying to be sure t get the right version instead of paying higher amounts later. (I may not need all the characters, but definetly need the motions)

Thanks In Advance !!!
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
CrazyTalk Animator 3 comes with a large selection of characters, motions, props and scenery to get you started. There is certainly enough to try out all the features of CTA3. Unfortunately we don't have a list of all the contents included but if you have the trial version installed then you will see what is included in the full version.

All content packs from the Core Bundle can be purchased separately so you will still be able to purchase the core content packs later if you wish.

Once you have CrazyTalk Animator 3, all the content included or purchased separately can be customized and saved to your Custom library for later use. Any animations you create yourself from scratch can also be saved and re-used in different scenes with other characters.

I hope this helps. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

gnrk2105
gnrk2105
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Awesome ... Thanks Peter !!!
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I tend to think of it in reverse. The more of a beginner you are the more you actually are going to need. Think about it, you don't know what the hell you doing or what you need, basically you just wanna set yourself up for success. 
Of course when ever possible my advice is always avoid watered down versions of any product, there will ALWAYS be something you need.

Most beginners make the mistake of going for what is limited, for example CTA Standard, only to find out they cant get crap done in it hahaha
I mean 1, you are a beginner, 2 you expect to be able to get some kind of shit done. Why put yourself;f in a situation where the product has been limited. Don't believe me, just read through the forum from the countless beginners who have made that mistake only to find out later there is no easy upgrade path from standard to pipeline.

The watered down version is what I recommend for EXPERTS who know exactly what they DON'T need and want to save money. This example of this is a team or studio situation. For development purposes uyou really only need one copy of CTA pipeline. For animation purposes all you need is the standard version. Therefore you can buy one Pipeline for the machine that will be used to develop, and all the animators themselves, they can just have a copy of the standard or pro version. Since all they need to do is move shit around that has already been created. can also apply in a situation where you know you will not be making any custom work, leave the dev to someone else maybe a freelancer or stick to buying pre-made items off the marketplace, if all you need is to move stuff around, then standard is you need. 

As a beginner, my suggestion is definitely just buy pipeline. In terms of bundles, you may never actually need them but as a beginner you will have plenty of stuff to play with and learn. It's really difficult as a beginner to be expected to also create their own stuff so the more you have available to play with, to mix and match, to create stuff with right from the start, the better your chances for success.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
gnrk2105
gnrk2105
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks Fernandez. Thanks for the thoughtful insight.

I am planning to definitely go for Pipeline (seen many comments from most of the people who bought standard/Pro versions, how they wished to get the full version instead of standard).

Regd Bundles, jst was not sure what makes sense & hence the question.

As an example, if I concentrate on motions, I may need facial expression/elastics as part of a scene or may plan to add animal, or may need a motion that is not part of the bundle I bought etc., So trying to make sure I am getting the right combo.

Reading This Topic