iClone' is to 'Animation' as 'Hitfilm' is to 'Editing'

Posted By sonic7 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
kungphu
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
For clarity, I was able to import into hitfilm but I had issues with materials and achieving the final look. So after wrestling with it I just said forget it. I use it for 2D compositing and making titles. I haven’t used Fusion.

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

(Updated and corrected)
kungphu >>> ".... For clarity, I was able to import into hitfilm but I had issues with materials and achieving the final look ...." <<<
Interesting you mentioned issues with materials - sounds 'similar' to wildstar's experience ... though that was with hair & eyelashes.
You say you'd imported models into Hitfilm - well that at least is promising .... but 'which version' of iClone did you use?
Mark has mentioned iClone's fbx data issues starting with 7.1.
I'm not 100% sure whether those issues are only for export OR both import & export.
Either way, that presents problems.
The only work around I can envisage is to use say IC 7 or older (pre v7.1).

@Mark .... I definitely agree that the faster an operator can work - the more creative they can be .... Absolutely - and the less that 'get's in the way' between the thought process and the end product - the better. Sadly that's not what I'm experiencing. I think that's due to:
● The increased complexity of modern software
● The 'disconnectedness' *between* programs that is purposefully built in (think *vested interests*) - hence continual desperate 'work arounds'.
● The inability to assimilate the 'new' as the 'neurons' age. Lol

Mark, you mentioned that once a person gets over the learning curve - that Fusion has virtually no limits.
So with that 'fly-in' shot I'm *trying* to achieve - *IF* I were to go with 'Fusion Studio', I'm wondering whether such a shot could be achieved.
ie: a *real* actor 'climbing a ladder' - shot as green screen, then brought into iClone to 'drive' iClone's camera so to 'match' the move of the original green screen. - (or *any* other way that the shot could be made to work using Fusion). - I'm also wondering whether using iClone 6.5 would solve the fbx issues.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7
Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
If you own Fusion Studio - free upgrades for life AND you also can use your license for DaVinci Resolve Studio 15 and beyond.  Talk about bargains.

This is a great advantage and should not be overlooked. In less then a year I bought Hitfilm pro and spent another $250 to upgrade.  I love Hitfilm pro, but updates will be costly after a while. 

For clarity, I was able to import into hitfilm but I had issues with materials and achieving the final look

I had the same problem with Iclone 6, it was a pita assigning all materials. 
I didn't try with Iclone 7

I’m an audio guy so I’ve already invested in ProTools HD as my go to

Same here

Ryzen R9 5950x, RTX 3090, 128Gb Ram ,2 x 2 TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR
Immersive Sound VR on Oculus TV

sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

@Jfrog .... yes, Fusion's offer of 'free upgrades for life' is certainly as you say, 'not to be overlooked' - for sure. I'm sorry to hear about your 'upgrade' experience with Hitfilm - it's another factor that makes Fusion look the better option. - Good of you to be up front with this Jfrog.
I take your point about the problem 'materials' look, - once exported across to Hitfilm - (confirming kungphu's experience) - thanks for the 'heads up'.
More *food for thought*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7

Reading This Topic