CC Look-a-Likes

Posted By thebiz.movies 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
SeanMac
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
"Would love to see anyone else's famous look-a-likes.  Are you having big success or just a hard time bringing these likenesses to life? "
3Dtest produced  some very realistic celebs - Trump, Clinton, Obama, Putin. But the more the 3D avatars resembled the real person the less recognisable they were. [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdrFcZ9a8kQ]

It is odd, but it seems that cartoons of celebs are more easily identified than photos of celebs. Maybe this is how we remember people - as caricatures with exaggerated features where they differ from the mean of most faces that we see.every day.
Edited
6 Years Ago by SeanMac
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 minutes ago
On a completely different site (hell, we all have lots of interests) the reviewer (Michael Crawford) speaks to this point.  What he does when reviewing the "toys" (toys that cost hundreds of dollars but still) of celebrities talks about how hard it is to get someone's face right unless that face has some exaggerated features.  Which means some actors are easy but some (females in particular, who tend to fit a "pretty/beautiful" stereotype that is based mostly on symmetry and features staying well within the norm) are just impossible.

And I've spoken as well on one of the real issues -- getting the hair right.  If your actor is bald, or you can get a hair style which matches, you're about 75% of the way there.  It's SUCH an important "tell" to the process that with the limited amount of hair we currently have it's always going to be a problem.

That said, I've gotten some good likeness (and posted here): Hillary, Obama, Harvey Weinstein and Clinton, to name a few.  I also got really close to one of my best friends -- he was impressed -- as well as my cousin (who dropped his jaw saying it was *exactly* like him -- but he has a full beard and distinctive hair that was easy to match so, yes, ducks in a barrel).  I've shown all of these in another thread (or maybe it was early in this one.  Sigh).  But it's not easy and, in any case, it often ends up more as a tribute band than the real thing (and there's nothing wrong with that, either).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
SeanMac
SeanMac
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Hi KT

Thanks for that
Until recently most prominent politicians were exclusively male. So  maybe the caricaturists have not yet gotten into their stride.

Incidentally, this side of the pond we say 'fish in a barrel'. Woiuldn't your ducks be considered a flight risk?
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 minutes ago
I think they say that here as well, Sean, but I always like to be different <g>.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
theschemer
theschemer
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

What ever happened to that guy (I forget his name) that was developing a hair creator that was supposed to make making hair easy and as good as DAZ hair??
Darren01
Darren01
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago

Edited
6 Years Ago by Darren01
Darren01
Darren01
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)

here's a character that I have been continually improving since CC1
I've modeled the character on my favourite female celebrity - Kylie Minogue
The scene & outfit is from one of her best concerts (in my opinion!) that I attended in Brisbane, Australia 1998.

The face and body totally created in CC1 and improved on in CC2 (I didn't use Crazy Talk to create the face)
I've modeled all of her dimensions to scale as much as possible, in order to recreate a reasonable likeness.
I also recreated the outfit as best as I could with my limited clothes making skills, and the stage
I've modeled the character on my favourite female celebrity - Kylie Minogue
The scene & outfit is from one of her best concerts (in my opinion!) that I attended in Brisbane, Australia 1998.

The face and body totally created in CC1 and improved on in CC2 (I didn't use Crazy Talk to create the face)

Hope you can see the resemblance!

Edited
6 Years Ago by Darren01
Rogue Anime
Rogue Anime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Darren01 (9/4/2018)

WOW! Top shelf work here. I'm impressed!  ~V~Smooooth

Val RogueAnanda
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e82de505-c57a-40b9-8cb0-9f87.png

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Yes, very good!

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Darren01
Darren01
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

thanks guys Smile

Reading This Topic