Profile Picture

The Motion Live Plugin will improve the motion capture workflow a lot.

Posted By Jfrog 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

The Motion Live Plugin will improve the motion capture workflow a lot....

Author
Jfrog
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I did some tests with the perception neuron kit. While there are some minor glitches with the new plugin, I found that the multi-pass recording is working really well now.  For example,  It is easy to just record the facials, arms and hands and record the torso and legs afterward.
This is a game changer for me.  But the best addition for me is having the option to select the Iclone position instead of being stuck with the mocap data position from the axis neuron software.This will make the motion capture recording process easier. Just position your character in your Iclone Scene, select the Iclone position option in the Motion Live plugin and your are ready to record. This is amazing!   This might seem obvious for most people but this process used to be much more complicate  to accomplish before this option was available.

Now we just need a jitter motion clean-up tool within Iclone.   Smile

Thank you Reallusion!

Ryzen R9 5950x, RTX 3090, 128Gb Ram ,2 x 2 TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR
Immersive Sound VR on Oculus TV

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Thank you for the kind words. It is great to hear that Motion Live has improved your workflow. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Jfrog (6/10/2018)

Now we just need a jitter motion clean-up tool within Iclone.   Smile

The real issue -- doesn't do much good to support all this data coming in if it's not fit to use.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

I definitely agree. For any professional output, the motions have to be cleaned if not they are worthless. Unfortunately, the curve editor doesn't solve the jitters problem for me, it is simply not fast and intuitive enough for my workflow.  For now, I am using the Ikinema Webanimate to clean the jitter but it is a pita exporting to 3dxchange then to WA and import back to 3dxchange then to Iclone. I tried exporting directly from Iclone as Rampa suggested a while ago but WA doesn't like it. I could also clean the motion capture in the Axis neuron software but then I loose the ability to record both body and facials motions at the same time with the Motion Live plugin. It would be great to have the clean up tools, from Webanimate (such as the ACP filter, and feet sliding correction) within Iclone.

That said, the motion live plugin is really a BIG step in the good direction.  I really like it.  

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Does WA do the job easily enough for, say, a direct BVH or FBX file?

Someone (it may have even been you) got me to look at IKinema's Orion, and now I have the VIVE stuff coming next week and will be testing out things as a replacement for my previous iPisoft workflow.  But iPisoft has some pretty terrific cleanup built-in to their routines, so it worries me I'll have some stuff that needs cleaning with no way to easily do so.  If WA is reasonably priced and can do the job it might be what I need.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yes I was one that mentioned Ikinema Orion.  Congratulation on your new HTC Vive order! You will have loads of fun.
I think the Orion is a no brainer choice but I haven't got any feedback yet since it's a new product. I have the oculus Rift and touch controller, But I plan to buy the HTC vive  in a near future. The problem is my Oculus takes already 4 to 5 USB3 port on my computer and I would like to keep it too. You need plenty of USB port if you plan to buy extra vive trackers.  

Webanimate is reasonably price , If i remember well it was around $150.00.  Since I am new to motion capture, It's hard for me to compare it to more expensive solutions. I haven't dig deep into it but the ACP filter seems to get good result for the jittering in a reasonable amount of time. But the web animate forum section is kind of dead.  I had some answers lately but most questions I asked on the forum were never replied. The latest Webanimate version is from 2015, so I guess you understand what I mean... There are still many bugs and it crashes once in a while.  You have to adopt a workflow and stick to it. For me I always export the blue beta character from Mixamo with the motion in FBX this is the only way I can go back and forth between Iclone and Webanimate thru 3dxchange.  BVH never worked for me. 

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks.  I think.  (Because I've spent far more money than I have.  But what else is new?)  There were just too many issues with iPisoft that this solution solves not for me to try, but I still have the option to return all the hardware if it doesn't work out for me (and I'll use the two-week trial on the software).

Yeah, I saw that WA is reasonably priced, and also has a trial, so I'll see what's up with it.  According to the Orion folks you want to use an external USB hub anyway, so I'll do that and be able to handle it on my laptop (I hope).  We'll see how it goes, but at least in theory it looks like it hits all the marks that I need (now if RL added it to Motion LIVE THAT would be amazing, but if it ever happens it will be long after I'm dead).

I used to use Motionbuilder, but the pricing on that has gotten insane (and it kind of veered off from where it should be, anyway).  I think I still have an old copy on a machine somewhere, so I might try digging that up and seeing if it will work with this, too.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

but I still have the option to return all the hardware if it doesn't work out for me (and I'll use the two-week trial on the software)

This is great service. Is that directly from HTC Vive? I know that Bestbuy didn't allow return on the Oculus rift and touch combo in canada. Anyway Bestbuy don't have the trackers so when I decide to buy the HTC vive it will be directly from them.

now if RL added it to Motion LIVE THAT would be amazing, but if it ever happens it will be long after I'm dead

I agree, that would be awesome.  Let's hope Orion gets very popular this year so Reallusion starts looking into this.

I used to use Motionbuilder, but the pricing on that has gotten insane (and it kind of veered off from where it should be, anyway).  I think I still have an old copy on a machine somewhere, so I might try digging that up and seeing if it will work with this, too.

I heard great stuff about MotionBuilder, except the yearly subscription price of course.   Wink

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR

argus1000
argus1000
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
I understand that if I want to use the Ikinema Orion  motion capture system, I have to buy the HTC Vive system, with a headset, 2 hand controllers and an additional 3 trackers, plus a substantial yearly license fee. Although the HTC Vive system is readily available on Amazon and others, for the life of me I can't find anybody that sells the trackers. Thanks.

My latest movie THE GOLDEN MAN, and a few othershttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIl1EqVCKitZzLqaNnLK0BA
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Amazon sells the trackers as well -- they are delivering three to me early next week (and Jfrog -- I bought all the hardware from Amazon precisely because of their return policy, which is pretty terrific).

You definitely need to pay a yearly fee for Orion, but don't forget that Brekel offers a one-time price on their software for VIVE, which costs far less (around $150).  I think I'm going to try their demo as well, as I've heard and seen great things about it.  The principle advantage of Orion is it doesn't need more than the six motion capture points, and apparently Brekel doesn't do well with the elbows and knees without extra trackers.  So there is more cleanup involved.  Still, I might end up with both just to see (but they also both have trials).

I'm super excited that the area I have for all this is *exactly* the right size (about 11.5 x 11.5, with a 16.5' diagonal).  I can set the capture thingees on my walls in each corner and just leave them setup.  It shouldn't take more than a few minutes anytime I want to start a capture, which beats like hell the iPisoft stuff.  I'll definitely post some stuff on my YouTube channel about my success (or lack thereof :>Wink.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic