Faceware “QtCore4.dll not found”

Posted By kungphu 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
kungphu
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Greetings all, I finally made the plunge and updated to Iclone 7.21 (now to 7.22) and the update Godz were not kind! I had a heckuva time getting the Faceware plugin updated but that is behind me now. Updating the Faceware software has been an adventure that involved me getting a new ticket number, reinstalling CodeMeter and finally the software was activated. However… now when I try to open the software I get an error “QtCore4.dll not found. File must be available to run the application.” I tried uninstalling and re-installing. I’ve been e-mailing back and forth with Faceware support since Monday and haven’t heard back from them today. I’m afraid they may be stumped here. One thing I could do is go back and do a system restore to a few weeks back but I just updated everything and downloaded a TON of content from Reallusion and Daz combined. It took me a solid 3 days to download all the content and add all of the software I did. I’d hate to start from scratch and burn another weekend. I will try and run the system file checker “sfc” from the commend prompt, but after that I’m all out of ideas. If any of you have ever run across this problem and found a fix. Let me know!

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Does this help any?

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
kungphu
kungphu
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Thanks Mike, I thinnsystem file checker is my big hope. If that comes up empty I’ll probably give that try. I Leary of downloading from unknown sites, but it’s eother that or a system restore before I updated and loaded every asset known to man. I’ll post back once I try a few things in case anyone else has the same issue.

Thanks!

kungphu
kungphu
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Well, been trying different things and backing up for the last 5 hours. FaceWare support has been trying to help. But everything, including following the video above has been a dead end. Everything on my computer runs flawlessly. But I still get the same error when trying to run FaceWare. Daz and Zbrush use the same dll. They run just fine. Can’t recall if 3D coat uses it but yeah, that software is running no probs as well. Frustrating beyond belief. FaceWare seemed kinda stumped as well. Mybsystem restore only went back 5 days. Been having the problem back then as well. :/ Looks like the software is bricked on my computer. Stinks because I have a project coming up this weekend. So much for FaceWare. Wah waaaaah.... Sad

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Here is a list of things to try. Go down the list until you succeed. Hopefully....... Smile
https://windowsreport.com/qtcore4-dll-download-windows-10/
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday

Qtcore4.dll that faceware uses is sitting in the faceware app folder and it is not registered. It is also latest Qt dll v4.8.7.0 - 3.05Mb, dated 1/4/2017, which I am sure faceware support had you checked.

It might not necessary be the problem with qtcore4.dll. See if you have C++ Redistributable(64) 2017 and C++ Redistributable(86) 2015 for that matter installed on your PC.

Edited
6 Years Ago by 4u2ges
kungphu
kungphu
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Oddly enough the gents at FW didn’t mention the lates *.dll I should be using. I tried basically everything listed above and then some. I’m not sure if it was this, but I re-installed Photoshop and viola... FW is working again! Many thanks to everyone e that chimes in. It’s greatly appreciated!

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Glad it got reinstalled along the way!

It's actually a Windows issue more than a FW or iClone issue. Lots of programs actually use it.

Reading This Topic