Profile Picture

My new video made with Crazytalk. I need opinion !

Posted By studiodaisy 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
studiodaisy
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hello guys,
Below is the link to the music video. I'm completelly new in the video production industry. I'm film music composer and sound designer, but I wanted
to try to do video to one of my songs. I used creazytalk 8 and hitfilm as a video editor. Below is the result and I need critical opinions from you both from professionals and amateurs. If it's kitsch, say it, but please justify and suggest a change ! Thank you in advance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXTg2hXVoAA
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
@studiodaisy
This is a 'powerful song' and you mention being a 'music composer' and 'sound designer' which explains why your song's of high standard.
Your visual concept of the Mona Lisa 'singing' is clever and (I think) works well.
However - ( now to to critical part Smile ) .....and I'm no 'expert' as such, but I do have an interest in music videos.
I think that overall your music 'demands' more 'involved' visuals - even if staying totally within your existing shots & concept.
This could be achieved by *where you transition* from one shot to the next.

For example:
Your 'intro' - 0 to 16 seconds, followed by what I'll call 'intro build' 16 to 32 secs .... OK we're 'anticipating' something now.....
At about 33 secs we hit the 1st 'vocal' verse and I'll be honest - I 'missed' Mona's intial animation and probably because we'd already 'seen' the wide shot before, and I was distracted watching the guitarist (nice job there).
All I'm saying is that at 33 seconds it'd be nice to 'transition' into a *visually new shot of Mona* via a dissolve, or even 'arriving' on a *closer* Mona at the end of a tracking shot, or *anything* that visually 'cue's this important musical change -  that's my opinion here.

There are other parts of your song that could benefit from musically motivated visual changes, and I'd reflect those moments in your visuals. In-fact overall, a lot if your song's 'energy' could be matched using dynamic tracking shots. *If we feel (as with your music) that we're being 'taken on a journey' - let the visuals express that 'journey' too. Smile
What you *already have* is a really great previz for taking this to another level, and no doubt it's a huge stretch for you to *match* your very 'competent' music skills with an equally accomplished video - straight off the bat.
But it's still very well done imo, - it just begs 'bigger' to match your great music ......  Smile
Steve.
(Please take these thoughts as they were truly 'intended' - as only wanting you to achieve the very best end result - If I had a music track of this standard, I'd do everthing possible to *hone out* the ultimate video to match! ... Your musical ability it excellent imho).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7
studiodaisy
studiodaisy
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
@sonic
Thank you Steve for your time and valuable comment.
Definitely I will follow your advice !
Roberto

Edited
6 Years Ago by studiodaisy
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

A pleasure Roberto!
I hope others will chime in with their thoughts - any thoughts at all - the more you get - the better ... I know you're the sort that *values* any and all feedback. It's this quality that will make you successful....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7
mark
mark
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Just a fabulous piece, musically and artistically!!! BRAVO!!!!

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
What a sultry lady!  Smile

Very nice.  Well done.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Now I understand even more why this music sounded 'so good' to my ears ....
This man, 'Roberto', is a Game Composer,  Sound Designer & Sound Mixer having completed over 1,000 projects.
Roberto's Website at http://robertoignis.com is well worth a visit ....
In part it states:
"We compose music in almost any genre and always according to the guidelines provided by the ordering party, and that is why we understand how important correct communication is. Working on each piece as long as it's necessary to satisfy the client, we put our heart and soul into it, so that the created work will constitute the source of success for a given project" ...
I'd said earlier "It's this quality (of valuing feedback) that will make you successful"....  Well you already are!

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7
bruceberg
bruceberg
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Roberto...that was a treat! Well done! I was struck by the simplicity of the video while acknowledging it's power and complexity at the same time. First rate and a pleasure to experience.
Regards...Bruce

Reading This Topic