Reallusion Hub not working

Posted By Kelleytoons 6 Years Ago
Rated 3 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
To rake this up again, I  just got a new laptop and I'm trying to register iClone. I get the same "You are not connected to the Internet" message. Obviously, I don't use a proxy nor VPN. Giving iClone permission for the firewall doesn't make a distance. I have installed iClone many times on various systems and have never encountered this issue.

The error message is so completely unhelpful...Crazy

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
6 Years Ago by animagic
Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I don't know if this is linked to the 'hub' issue but I bought D.A. points last night and they failed to show up in my account.
I have the e-mail confirmation of payment but, as of 5 minutes ago, it still has not been added to my account.

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
animagic (6/26/2018)
The rake this up again, I  just got a new laptop and I'm trying to register iClone. I get the same "You are not connected to the Internet" message. Obviously, I don't use a proxy nor VPN. Giving iClone permission for the firewall doesn't make a distance. I have installed iClone many times on various systems and have never encountered this issue.

The error message is so completely unhelpful...Crazy

Does the new laptop have security software like MacAfee pre-installed? The most common cause of this kind or error (apart from a proxy) is when your security software is blocking access. You could try disabling the security software and try using Windows Defender instead. If you can then use the Hub then that will point you in the right direction.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

For anyone having continuing problems with the Reallusion Hub, please contact Technical Support using the link below. They will be able to advise you further.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Rogue Anime
Rogue Anime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks, Peter. I have had no issues with the RL Hub to date. I am running Windows 7 using AVAST antivirus on Comcast connection, if this helps anyone else.
MY 'THEORY' ? (disclaimer: I am in no way a software developer) It seems that, like any other software, RL programs will have bugs of any kind or none depending on what your operating system & configurations, hardware & other machine characteristics are.
How did I get THERE? I have seen MANY bugs here on the forum others are experiencing with which I have never have an issue. It's very possible (likely) that many of the issues/problems we encounter with RL programs MAY - possibly- be due to varying user-2-user system/OS/hardware configurations rather than the software programs themselves. Just thinking out loud here.   ~V~

Val RogueAnanda
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e82de505-c57a-40b9-8cb0-9f87.png

animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Peter (RL) (6/27/2018)
Does the new laptop have security software like MacAfee pre-installed? The most common cause of this kind or error (apart from a proxy) is when your security software is blocking access. You could try disabling the security software and try using Windows Defender instead. If you can then use the Hub then that will point you in the right direction.

Thanks, Peter. Strangely enough, other RL programs registered without issue, so I decided to register iClone manually. The message has not appeared since.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

And, of course, the @#$%T! hub won't work again, and in this case I can't even work around it (because I want to buy some software from RL but, OF COURSE, the hub has to be used and it doesn't work for me).

And it's nothing to do on my end, I can promise you that -- no anti-virus (although, truth be told, the whole HUB software is a virus.  Unbelievable).

This may be the reason I don't buy the iPhone X plugin.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Okay, got the Hub working, but mostly due to my own efforts (this solution really ought to have been posted to this thread).

Essentially you go into Registry and delete entries and then the Hub WILL connect to the internet (so nothing to do with firewalls, VPNs or any of that smokescreen stuff people were just speculating about):

Open the Registry Editor by hitting Start and typing “regedit.” Press Enter to open Registry Editor and give it permission to make changes to your PC. Delete the following files: RLCheckList、RLReToken、RLToke (Path: \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Reallusion)

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
whistlebare
whistlebare
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
You absolute beauty! This fixed my Reallusion Hub issue and as a bonus it helped with an issue i was having trying to obtain a serial code for activating Content Creator 3 ! It was giving me an error 6 and this fixed it.

Kelleytoons (8/12/2018)
Okay, got the Hub working, but mostly due to my own efforts (this solution really ought to have been posted to this thread).

Essentially you go into Registry and delete entries and then the Hub WILL connect to the internet (so nothing to do with firewalls, VPNs or any of that smokescreen stuff people were just speculating about):

Open the Registry Editor by hitting Start and typing “regedit.” Press Enter to open Registry Editor and give it permission to make changes to your PC. Delete the following files: RLCheckList、RLReToken、RLToke (Path: \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Reallusion)

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

If you see an Error Code 6 all you should need to do is logout of the Reallusion Hub and then login again. This will normally fix the problem. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic