My Quest is half completed!

Posted By william.carey30 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
william.carey30
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
MrWmJCarey on Youtube

Hello all! 
     So I have been searching high and low, forever, for two particular hairstyles for my "default" character that I like to use a lot.  Recently I pulled one out of CC, and into iClone, with a Russian name on it I think, and it is pretty damn close to the first hairstyle I've been looking for!  So now I am just fanatically looking for the second one, basically the same hairstyle the lawyer's wife has in "The Boondocks"https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d90dae13-6ea2-426d-b6a1-30f1.jpghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/152c463f-5782-4b16-be8b-1ab5.pnghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/68540122-6460-4f31-9dd5-a72c.png!  I know I'm looking for an old school, blow dried look, which is probably hard to find these days!  It also doesn't help that I still need this hairstyle to function on G3 and G5 characters, not the more recent ones!   I'm also aware that Wil Veeke has a similar one, but with really short, straight bangs.  I REALLY need it parted on the left, and fairly long in front.  Lastly, I preferably need it "bleach blonde" (which is the only reason the photo of an actress is there).  A tall order, I know!  Can anyone make this for me for a reasonable price?

Best regards,

Bill Carey

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 30 minutes ago
Bill,

Can I make a suggestion?  I know you were looking for someone here to make it, but I think you'd have far better luck finding what you want already made.  If I were you, I'd search Daz and I'd be amazed if there isn't something there that would work for you (I'd do it but I just don't have the time, but if you do find it there I'll be glad to convert it to CC for you).  Stay away from Fibermesh hair, but that's the only caveat (and the type you're looking for won't be Fibermesh anyway, most likely).

You could also look at Renderosity -- I don't particularly care for most of their clothing and hair, but there are some things that work well.

The two sites have a ton of hair, but it won't take forever to find something.  Just make sure you look at all the pictures of anything that comes close, because usually with their hair they have morph options which can translate it quite a bit.  And PM me if you like.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
william.carey30
william.carey30
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks much, Mike!  Still looking at this time.  Will let you know if I need conversion help, if that's OK.

Best regards,

Bill Carey
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 30 minutes ago
Sure, just give me a holler (and I will most likely have the hair you need converted myself, so no need for any illegalities or worry -- just tell me which one it is.  I have SO much content I will never possibly use it all in my lifetime, or even really find out all that I have :>Wink.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic