Morning Glow-ry

Posted By TonyDPrime 6 Years Ago
Rated 2.5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
4u2ges (8/8/2018)
Pretty darn amazing! Even with ~200 s/px, which is what you probably got for the mirror shot. And mirror it's usually hardest as those fireflies is hard to get rid off fast.
I would personally settle for 15-30 sec per frame for animation (given that the scene build up would use smarter algorithm than Indigo did).
I am now thinking about adding a second GPU (probably external). Need to do a little research in this matter.

Alright, then look no further.  Yes, get another GPU.  Get 3 more.  It will be expensive, yes, but will be worth it.  Get 5 more. 
I have a mobo with a (1) Titan X as the lead video card, (2) a Titan Xp on Mobo, and then 2 Amfeltec splitters for 6 more Titan X Pascal (not Xp).  8 cards total.
So, my speeds are totally biased in that it is not a simple 1 card set up.  With iClone, I only use my main card, the other cards go unused.
But in Octane land, this many cards is commonplace for the most part, and I get to use all of them.

With an expectation of 15-30 seconds, you will see good results.  And if you have a multi-GPU rig, with denoising,with 4-5 Nvidia 1080s, renders @1080p will be easy in that timeframe.
(Octane has a firefly reducer slider, it really helps greatly.  Otherwise, like you say, you will need more samples to knock them out, even with denoiser.  The mirror one was 80 s/px.)   
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Huh? A render Farm? You fooled me there with your benchmarks! w00t
I'm getting a second one for now. Just can't wait to see what Iray be like in iClone implementation.
Although out of the box no support for trees and terrain is bad. And no water either for even longer.
Keep on posting though... Smile

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Here is an Octanian Render of an earlier iClone try I did.

Octane

iClone

Reading This Topic