Profile Picture

Win 10 Kinect V2 - Avatar Shakey-Vibrate?

Posted By TonyDPrime 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I can post a vid, but figured I'd ask 1st. 
Whenever I use, especially the upper body mode, Kinect V2 looks great as far as tracking. 
But then what it translates to the avatar in iClone is a different story.  The avatar is constantly fidgeting and vibrating, even when when no movement.

And the key thing that is confusing- the tracking shows no movement, but the avatar vibrates, almost like iClone is interpreting a movement for the lower half of the body, where there should be none?
The legs will jitter, even when not selected.
Anyone else with Win 10 Kinect V2 ever see this, or more importantly-
Know a workaround?

THX!

sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
@Tony .... I'm still very new to the Kinect V2.
After purchasing the V2, I did some initial testing with the iClone Mocap software. The 'Trial version' - (expired now).
So I didn't get to test and 'sort' all of the issues.
I'm not 100% sure of the 'look' you're getting, but all I know is;
● Jitter isn't 'uncommon' with the iClone Mocap / V2 combination.
● Capturing 'Upper Body' ONLY - then manually animating the legs is 'one' work-around.
● 'Sliding feet' can also occur when mocapping the entire body.
● Checking or un-checking 'Foot Contact' can make a difference.
● Members such as 'Mike' (Kelleytoons), have gone with the subscription based 'Ipisoft' approach to solve such issues.
● Other capture software *may* work better for you. (though I haven't personally tried 'others' as yet).
I'll have to be dealing with this myself a few months down the track, so I'm keen to know how you fare with this Tony....
Steve.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Here are 2 videos:

1) the first was showing how the lower body, which I am thinking should have been excluded from the upper body mode, was vibrating.

But then I saved and later opened it up again, and the avatar was bent backwards, on its knees.  And, the shaking was increased.

Somehow iClone is interpreting a movement for the excluded legs, and then it is having trouble 'Geo-locating/Geo-positioning' them upon scene re-open, because the initial 'take' was a standing position.  
Otherwise I am quite pleased with the tracking, so it's a shame.

PS - Steve, thanks for suggestions.  Most I had already tried, but appreciate it very much.
Edited
6 Years Ago by TonyDPrime
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

Yeah.... its more of a 'shuddering' ....
Were you able to get a good positive 'calibration'?

Naa ... the first one 'shudders' - 2nd is vibration ....
I've experienced a little bit of the odd 'bend' but not as much as that ...
Do you have plenty of light in your work area?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

sonic7 (6/1/2018)

Yeah.... its more of a 'shuddering' ....
Were you able to get a good positive 'calibration'?

Naa ... the first one 'shudders' - 2nd is vibration ....
I've experienced a little bit of the odd 'bend' but not as much as that ...
Do you have plenty of light in your work area?

Thanks Steve, good questions.
Calibration good, lighting good, et al.  Tracking was excellent, head, arms, etc.  They move as I wanted them too, as shown in the video.
So see, it's one thing if I'm recording legs right, but I'm not...I'm muting the legs, but they still move. 
That is the issue, iClone seemingly inputs a movement for the legs where it should be no movement.  

Reading This Topic