Profile Picture

Motion LIVE Plug-in for iClone is available now!

Posted By Grace (RL) 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Jfrog
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
So very nice, Grace, to allow us owners of Faceware (and those who own the PN) to get a free copy of Motion Live.  That's generous and unexpected -- I did expect a members price (which you also provide to those who don't own one of those plugins, and that price is fair as well) but I didn't think I'd get it for free.

The free version for earlier adopters was announced a few months ago. But the Motion live can be bought now at $100 (member special) and it includes the motion leap profil. Since we still have tro buy the leap motion profile at $99, the real discount is $1,. Not that much of a deal for early adopter.   Doze   

Intel I7 6850K 3.6 with MSI X99 SLI plus , GTX 1080,  32Gb Ram , 1 TB Samsung Pro M.2 SSD
rollasoc
rollasoc
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Jfrog (6/6/2018)
The free version for earlier adopters was announced a few months ago. But the Motion live can be bought now at $100 (member special) and it includes the motion leap profil. Since we still have tro buy the leap motion profile at $99, the real discount is $1,. Not that much of a deal for early adopter.   Doze   

Yep, that was my disappointment too.   Strange also that the profile is $99, when the hardware / software is way less than that.  Don't have $99 to stump up at the moment. So my leap controller, will remain on the shelf a little longer then.

Home built PC:- i9 9900K 32GB RAM, Zotac 1080TI mini.
Band Music:-  https://thehairthieves.bandcamp.com/
Solo Instrumentals:- https://sineglidermusic.bandcamp.com/

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (67.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (67.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (67.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (67.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (67.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (67.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (67.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (67.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (67.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 12 hours ago
ken_1171 (6/5/2018)
Peter (RL) (6/5/2018)
How are you trying to install the "Faceware Profile for Motion LIVE Plug-in"? Are you using the download link from your Member Account > Registration page or are you using the Reallusion Hub?

I have tried the download link from the email I have received from Reallusion, and also the one from my Member Account > Registration. Both of them end up in the error message you can see from the previous message above. When I try with the Reallusion Hub, clicking the install button on the profile file end up with "Update failed!" error message in red. I have already installed the plugin, so it's only the profile that won't download, no matter in what way I try to get it. They all seem to point to the same source, where access permission is not being granted.

Hi Ken,

Sorry to hear the problem continues.

So we can take a closer look at what is happening, please can you contact Technical Support using the link below and supply your dxdiag.txt and error message screenshots.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

It sounds like a permissions issue but they will be able to check to see what is going on. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Yep, that was my disappointment too.  Strange also that the profile is $99, when the hardware / software is way less than that.  Don't have $99 to stump up at the moment. So my leap controller, will remain on the shelf a little longer then.

The Motion Live plugin is 50% off. I think the motion profil should be the same for the next few days.  I am not ready to spend $100 for the leap motion profil now neither .

But on the good side,  we (early adopter) saved a whole one dollar.     Wink

Intel I7 6850K 3.6 with MSI X99 SLI plus , GTX 1080,  32Gb Ram , 1 TB Samsung Pro M.2 SSD
ken_1171
ken_1171
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
Peter (RL) (6/6/2018)Hi Ken,

Sorry to hear the problem continues.

So we can take a closer look at what is happening, please can you contact Technical Support using the link below and supply your dxdiag.txt and error message screenshots.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

It sounds like a permissions issue but they will be able to check to see what is going on. Thanks.

Thank you, it's resolved now. They sent me a bunch of links until one of the them worked. That won't help next time an update comes out, though, since the Reallusion Hub also seems to be unable to handle permissions with this profile in particular. Everything else works. 
rollasoc
rollasoc
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Jfrog (6/6/2018)

So Peter, if I buy motion live at $100 to get the free motion leap profile, can I then sell the Motion Live, since I already have it and don't need 2 copies of it?

Home built PC:- i9 9900K 32GB RAM, Zotac 1080TI mini.
Band Music:-  https://thehairthieves.bandcamp.com/
Solo Instrumentals:- https://sineglidermusic.bandcamp.com/

animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.4K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
So it looks like for those that already have the free Motion Live deal but don't have Leap Motion yet, it is still better to buy an extra full Motion Live package, as it will also give you a 10% coupon for Leap Motion Universal Dev bundle (in case you want the VR head set mount)...Unsure

You lose $1, but you gain $9 (10% off $89.99)...Tongue

RL Math should be taught in school...Crazy

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1f3bed13-1788-45e1-9ace-4fd0.jpg

pruiz
pruiz
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Months Ago
I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I have (1) the leap motion device set up with the leap motion Orion setup on Win - leap motion control panel ays all fine and connected  (2)  Motion live plugin for iclone (3) leap motion profile for motion live plugin. Motion live opens in iclone but will not locate the gear. Adding gear and adding character with + are 'dead' and will not connect.
I am sure I have missed something - can anyone please suggest where I have made a mistake?
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (28.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.7K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
pruiz (6/9/2018)
I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I have (1) the leap motion device set up with the leap motion Orion setup on Win - leap motion control panel ays all fine and connected  (2)  Motion live plugin for iclone (3) leap motion profile for motion live plugin. Motion live opens in iclone but will not locate the gear. Adding gear and adding character with + are 'dead' and will not connect.
I am sure I have missed something - can anyone please suggest where I have made a mistake?

Pretty sure you need V2, not Orion. You can download it here. Make sure you download the Desktop version.
https://www.leapmotion.com/setup
pruiz
pruiz
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Months Ago
Rampa (6/9/2018)
pruiz (6/9/2018)

Pretty sure you need V2, not Orion. You can download it here. Make sure you download the Desktop version.
https://www.leapmotion.com/setup

Thank you, Rampa. How do I delete the previous Orion setup? I have tried downloading and installing the V2 desktop version and run into errors (dll etc.).

Reading This Topic