Emergence of 'Organic' Characters

Posted By TonyDPrime 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Did anyone notice that there is a Whole-Foods phenomenon going on with, say, Daz characters? 
There are less modelish-looking characters, with hyped-up realistic elements, being sold...
and at a PREMIUM, mind you.... 
ie:
Ollie 8
Edie 8
Floyd 8

It kind of reminds me of a Tokomotion, or Gary Pye, phenomenon, where I do not like the look of the characters if they were actual humans.  I actually find them off-putting.
But, the thing is, when I see them, I WANT them!  And, even will 'pay up' for them!

In fact, if RL releases a line of whacko weirdos, I'm probably going to want to buy it, more than if they released a line of 'normies'.... 
What the heck is going on? Hehe

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 hours ago
This isn't that new -- "George" has been around for years, now.  And they've had at least two or three other very odd permutations along the way.

I suspect the "8" face/body has allowed for these newest variations, though, in that it's more detailed (and thus easier to morph -- you need to have those details in place before you can morph things to extremes)  Perhaps the same will be true of the new CC3 face/body (in that it will make such morphs easier). 

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic