Profile Picture

No license found on this pc... Servers down ?

Posted By Kalex 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Kalex
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi everyone,
Since the faceware tech website (specifically the license activation) is down for maintenance since yesterday, my faceware plugin no longer works with iclone. Do you guys have the same issue ? Is it normal ?

Thanks in advance !
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

My problem is worse -- I can't transfer my license to my new machine (Brian at FW says they are "working" on the issue but it doesn't sound as if it will be fixed in my lifetime).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kalex
Kalex
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Thanks for the reply, I see it must be a common problem... I wrote to the Faceware Technical Support, I'm waiting for the answer. They told you they are working on it but did they tell you what issue it is exactly ?
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

It's not good -- it's with the licensing software.  Apparently they use a company that really doesn't allow you to transfer the license (or do much else with it).  They said they've never had an issue in the past because they worked with high level companies (so it's kind of a put-down "We're sorry, but you're just a single person and we're used to working with REAL companies") but it's bullshit because even those folks will have times they need to move a license (and what happens when their drives fail?  He seemed to imply that never happens with such companies which, again, bullshit).

I think the REAL answer is they have never sold many copies -- maybe a handful -- and so they didn't worry about it.  And I'm not at all hopeful this will ever be resolved.  But we'll see (and don't expect an answer right away -- I'm still waiting for a reply on a message I sent to him three days ago.  They take their own sweet time).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kalex
Kalex
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Maybe you're right... But since we paid for this (and not a cheap price) they will have to fix this issue. Maybe they will take a little more time but they can't let us down just because we are amateurs. We shall wait then... And wait for an answer from Reallusion too (even if they told me to directly write to Faceware). But if they see that this problem is common for every faceware user, maybe they can help us too ?

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

The only thing I know for sure is that Faceware won't sell many (any?) more of these unless they get this licensing thing fixed -- anyone right now would be a fool to buy it.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Thank you for the feedback regarding these licensing issues. 

As a third party product "Faceware Realtime For iClone" licensing is handled by Faceware Technologies. However I will look into this to see what we can do to try and improve the situation. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Peter,

Anything RL can do will be helpful -- I did get another reply from Brian today, who said they were continuing to work with their licensing maker on getting the problem resolved.  And while I think that's fine for the immediate future, I do not think that's an acceptable long term solution.

The thing that worries me the most is the "you must disable your license on your active machine in order to move it" issue.  As I pointed out to FW, if a drive or machine goes bad that's not possible (and in point of fact it's not even possible when the machine is fine -- I followed their instructions and still couldn't remove the license, even though it involved using DOS commands, something no user should ever have to do).  I have used a LOT of high end software (some a lot more expensive than even FW) and licenses are never this complicated.  You ought to be able to manage them on the server end, including deactiving and reactivating on other machines.  Since RL is selling this software I would think the concern needs to be very real on your end.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kalex
Kalex
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hello,

I have news from faceware but I don't know if Brian told you the same: "We can use these to take a look at your license and likely create an update to fix it." So they are trying to make an update but I don't know for what. Still doesn't explain the problem and why we have to wait all this time...
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

He didn't tell me that so thanks for the additional info.

Obviously it's always frustrating when software you pay for (unlike the pirates) doesn't work, but particularly frustrating when it's nothing extraordinary in the way of your system and/or other controllable things.  In this case it's totally because they are using DRM technology unsuited for this market.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic