Profile Picture

Character Creator 3 - Work-In-Progress 1 (Pre-Order Now!)

Posted By Miranda (RL) 6 Years Ago
Rated 4.4 stars based on 8 votes.

Character Creator 3 - Work-In-Progress 1 (Pre-Order Now!)

Author
JimmyB7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
illusionLAB (5/23/2018)
My first "high end" computer cost nearly 6k, and this morning it's sitting on the bottom of my driveway waiting for the garbage collection.

Been there, done that, more than once LOL.

CyberpowerPC, 64 GB Ram, 64bit Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i9-10980XE 18 Core CPU,  ASUS TUF X299 Mark 1 Motherboard, ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING graphics card, Toshiba 3TB hard drive, 3 x Seagate 3TB hard drives, RAGNAROK 801 Full Tower, LEPA G1600 1600W power supply, Killer WI-FI 6,  ASUS PA329Q 32" 4K/UHD IPS Monitor.
greglh
greglh
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (589 reputation)Veteran Member (589 reputation)Veteran Member (589 reputation)Veteran Member (589 reputation)Veteran Member (589 reputation)Veteran Member (589 reputation)Veteran Member (589 reputation)Veteran Member (589 reputation)Veteran Member (589 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
When will they upgrade HAIR options for African Americans?  They put in a lot of time for hair for Caucasian people, but extremely limited for other people. 
This has been the case for years.  Not only with Iclone, but other software such as Poser.   They offer all of these hair technologies, but they are all aimed for Caucasian models.   

I'd like to see them offer as part of their hairstyle series some serious variations for African Americans such as various length afros, cornrows, twist, braids, natural hair styles, ability to style those styles in wraps and other things.   

The same goes for Asian and Latino communities as well as others. 

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
The problem is the way that hair is shaped -- it's not just for African Americans, but even Caucasians with curly hair.

It's the limitation with the poly strip hair system -- opacity maps (which is what gives the "hair" the quality of actual strands) can't work for close curls.  But poly hair is about the only thing that works well in a Real Time system like iClone.

Other approaches, like fibermesh, can and do such hair, at the cost of render time (again, not an option for iClone, but perhaps for other render engines).  Another possibility is a fur render system.

I do wish iClone had its own hair system for these reasons and a lot more, but I'm also not optimistic we'll ever see (or I'll see it in my lifetime).  In the meantime you *can* try and use fibermesh conversions from Daz (they will port, but they will also be ridiculously slow in terms of render or even system resources -- I brought in a pretty nice close cut Afro that completely killed my system.  I may continue to try, though, and if I come up with anything that works I'll post it here for others to at least look at).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Here - these are the Tonemapping options for Iray in Daz:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/22940764-d24a-4250-af7c-b31f.jpg

If CC3/iClone Iray imports out the coloring-lighting scheme in iClone (Hues, contrasts, brightness, saturations, toon-effects), and then *adds* the functionality shown in the demo on top, that is great. 
It would be like putting the finishing touches on the art-cake.
But if it ONLY includes those menu items to augment a flat ray-traced interpretation of lighting, mesh, and materials, then showcasing them the way they were (Exposure and Shadows) is way too limited.
Or if it's limited because it's CC3, but then iClone 7 will have more, well okay....fine. 

That's like having an audio production tool with only a 3 band EQ (Bass, Mid, and Treble), when you've worked with, and listened to, a 10 or 15-band Parametric EQs, with different Hz-Frequency settings. 

jkwenstad
jkwenstad
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

This looks absolutely amazing, I am sold!  What would be completely mind blowing is if I could auto import the model and clothes into Substance Painter.  I know Substance has a workflow to dynamically adjust textures with UE4, if we could somehow get that integration in CC3 nobody would have a better product.  I love the fact that we can load in cloths and add weights to them, this is a huge improvement that is not easy to do right in other programs.  I've seen tuts on blender, auto-weights kinda look like crap.

I have purchased a lot of your products and ready to buy this now if I could use the current Beta version.  Working on a game that would definitely benefit from the upgrade.

Great Work!!!  Can't wait to get my hands on a copy!!!
dogged2003
dogged2003
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Excellent!
Make the net normalization:
Edited, changed the model - then click on the normalization of the net for the resulting model.
That clothes would not be deformed. Distortions are clearly visible on clothing: swimming trunks, bras, shales.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b144b230-98e6-4d22-9527-4d91.jpg

My YouTube channel.
danlcort7
danlcort7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
really , not word !

you become crazy ! 
it is the best idea to stay in touch  with you.

every time you released good  things and the best for us.

we feel free to make what ever in model 3d 

best regard 
thanks so much
TumbleweedGamer
TumbleweedGamer
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)

"If you are the iClone 7 users, you will get a free copy of CC3 for iClone when CC3 launches."  Thats my favorite sentence in the post :-)
Ellessarr
Ellessarr
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hello, i'm new here but i'm really very interested on that character creator 3.0, but i had a question:
since character creator 3.0 will be a "stand Alone for peoples without Iclone, it's means which i will be able to "export" characters created on it to fbx or obj without need the 3dexchange to export or it will still need the 3xechange to export?

Another question if i buy the Iclone and get the "free 3.0" i will be able to export the characters to my engine without 3dexchange?? or need it to export them??? only the character not animation,

How will be the 3dexchange after that new 3.0, he will be to export animations only from the iclone??? i means to export to game enginers like unreal, 

Anyway looking foward to it.
R Ham
R Ham
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
TumbleweedGamer (5/26/2018)
"If you are the iClone 7 users, you will get a free copy of CC3 for iClone when CC3 launches."  Thats my favorite sentence in the post :-)

I hear you loud and clear.

"Less clicks good, more clicks bad."

Reading This Topic