Profile Picture

Character Creator 3 - Work-In-Progress 1 (Pre-Order Now!)

Posted By Miranda (RL) 6 Years Ago
Rated 4.4 stars based on 8 votes.

Character Creator 3 - Work-In-Progress 1 (Pre-Order Now!)

Author
CtrlZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
I am also curious about sli compatibility with iray? but I can tell you I haven't been this excited about a new release since faceware was announced! 

Home built liquid cooled AMD Ryzen 7 1800X cpu (8 core 16 thread) 4.0GHz,  rtx 3090, ASUS Crosshair VI Hero motherboard, 64 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD (Samsung 850 EVO) 6 TB HD's 4K monitor.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Postfrosch (5/23/2018)
Hello RL,

In the description of the CC 3.0 for IClone 7 is nothing on whether this is still possible, or is the CC 3.0 for Iclone just to create a "naked avatar"
(without clothes) thought. But then it would be a step backwards.

I'm curious as to why you think this would be a step backwards.  I'm not disagreeing, per se, as I have my own thoughts on this, but I'd love to hear yours specifically.  Even if you create your clothes on an avatar (as you would have to, anyway) why do you think exporting them as OBJ would be less useful than exporting them as FBX?

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
Okay, this stuff I love...LOVE...and I will celebrate having it.
BUT it drives me crazy when I see things like THIS. 
Because the image sequence *specifically* addresses shadows, and then there is a clear missing shadow in the Iray take...
The hand shadow across the chest...
Is this a bug I am seeing, or some element of lighting that Iray is handling properly that iClone PBR was not?  What is that!? 
What is the answer to the question- What happened to the hand shadow across the chest?
Shouldn't the shadow McJiggy allow you to replicate the shadow?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f9f8e955-f4e1-4800-b703-5ec2.jpg

Because this missing shadow made me wonder if iClone's lights are not handled the same inside Iray?  
And if that is the case, then the extent of the imaging/ post processing appears pretty minimal.
MINIMAL!

This is what it shows:
1) Exposure
2) Highlights
3) Shadows
4) Saturation 
5) WhitePoint

Okay, if they are ON TOP OF what iClone's lighting can do, great.  But NOT enough if it is just Iray's handling, in addition to an IBL.
I HAVE TO POINT THIS OUT.
iClone has AO settings, HDR settings - with Bloom effects. And then its own Tone Mapper!....Not to mention then, its own GI panel.

And I see there are separate Sun Settings...er, "Sun Seetings" (which I love, leave it this way), and then Sky and Horizon Settings.  So I acknowledge I do not know the full gamut of what is there.
But Imaging-Tonemapper seems coming up short.  Brightness, Contrast, Hue!....HUE!!!!  Not just whitepoint, HUE!
FIX NOW, NOT LATER.

Speaking of Hue...There better be LUT action in there, too.  Octane has, in its imaging area, a node channel to load in LUTs, like iClone.
And, I know I can LUT in whatever I want with Photoshop.  No...I want in Iclone, in Iray plugin! 
OMG -- No excuses for another renderer to have what iClone's PBR has, and then iClone's own renderer does not have it. 

OMG x2....and a Post Processing area...this HAS TO HAVE POST PROCESSING bloom and all that glinty glare action.    

By the Sun-Seetings God, I beg you....include a robust Imaging and Post Imaging suite.
For Iray's sake, please.  Okay, I will break it to you...Iray can't do it alone...it needs iC7's magic sprinkled on top, or underneath, and then Iray on top.  
Okay, listen...it doesn't matter who is on top of who, or who's parts are where, just sandwich the 2 together so that it is a delicious meaty sandwich, with extra onion rings AND a side salad, WITH grilled chicken and avacados.
Pretty please, with a diet Pepsi. 
And where is the restroom?

Thank you.

@CtrlZ - typically, and up to this point historically, SLI does nothing for GPU rendering.  Just having 2 in system is all that is needed, like in Daz Iray.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

TonyDPrime (5/23/2018)

@CtrlZ - typically, and up to this point historically, SLI does nothing for GPU rendering.  Just having 2 in system is all that is needed, like in Daz Iray.

So you are suggesting that if the iClone iRay follows this that you would just have to stick another GPU in your system and the renderer would take advantage of it.  Somehow.  (Because I have a 1080 I was going to sell otherwise, since I have the Titan -- but since my new PC allows for another GPU perhaps I should keep it).

But it also begs the question -- does that just double your speed?  Because if the iRay implementation comes in as I suspect it will, just cutting the time in half isn't going to be enough (now perhaps 4x or more might be significant, but if it's taking a minute or so to render a frame, 30 seconds still is unacceptable for anything other than stills).  Or is there some kind of magic "wow, you now have 20GB of GPU to render so things will go super fast!" curve point you meet?

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I'm curious as to why you think this would be a step backwards.

Hi KT
Why would that be a regression for me if I could only create naked avatars (asole without clothes) in the new CC?
I probably put it wrong.
Actually wants to know whether you can import in CC 3 for IClone 7 as before via FBX from Blender (on function Cloth, etc.).

(my way of creating in Blender has been this way:
Load FBX Body Template (provided by RL) in Blender
Clothes obj (from DAZ) and so on loading in Blender
Clothes obj to fit - select Amatur - "ctrl + p with emty groups click
Select Weigth Paints - Select Transfer Weigths - Surc: By Name Click
Select clothes
Select Export FBX (Deselect "Add Leave Bones" under "Amature"
Select Emte, Armad # mesh for export - export
Click in the CC "Cloth, etc." - open the FBX file (import clothet character) previously exported from Blender
, under DecyrptKeyFile "load the FBXKey from Bodytemplates
and then I have the avatar from Blender in the CC and can then adjust the clothes further))
I've been doing this since CC 1 (I do not have the pipeline version)
If I can not do this now in the CC 3 for IClone, then that would be a step backwards for me, because then I could bring in this program NO more clothes to the CC. That would only be possible via "CC 3.0 pipline Editon" via obj.
Therefore, my question whether in "CC for IClone - free version as before) this
"Import Clothet Character" is still possible
Greets from Germany
Postfrosch

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Okay, but you could do EVERYTHING you do now except your last step would be to export from Blender the OBJ instead of the FBX (and then in CC3 bring in the OBJ and not even have to load in the FBXKey file).

IOW, I don't see how that would impact you at all.  As I said, I have my own concerns about this process, but from what you've said I don't see any concerns you should have.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
R Ham
R Ham
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

I just watched this vid about CC3.  They show clothing being imported with the greatest of ease. Oddly, they give Sketchfab as an example, rather than DAZ Studio. No mention is made of DS clothing.

Considering that RL marketing is not the least bit shy about name dropping, I wonder why they might do that.

"Less clicks good, more clicks bad."
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Clearly Daz is a bit of a competitor to iClone -- why in heaven's name would you suspect they would promote them in any way?

"Off the record" they've said many times they will try and make the Daz clothing import process easy-peasy and it shows in the video.  I think you're reading WAY too much in the fact they chose to use a freeware program that is clearly NOT a competitor to demo their own products.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
R Ham
R Ham
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Kelleytoons (5/23/2018)
Clearly Daz is a bit of a competitor to iClone -- why in heaven's name would you suspect they would promote them in any way?

"Off the record" they've said many times they will try and make the Daz clothing import process easy-peasy and it shows in the video.  I think you're reading WAY too much in the fact they chose to use a freeware program that is clearly NOT a competitor to demo their own products.

I'm not "reading" anything, KT. RL actually does have a marketing department, and they are no slouches.

Competitor? I don't think so. The two programs chose separate paths long ago. I doubt that will change.

"Less clicks good, more clicks bad."
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

But they ARE competitors, even if you don't think so (you only have to look at these forums to see a lot of folks who use Daz for rendering in iRay, which is EXACTLY what RL will be selling).

But perhaps you've never worked in marketing, as I have, or you'd understand it better.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic