Profile Picture

Character Creator 3 - Work-In-Progress 1 (Pre-Order Now!)

Posted By Miranda (RL) 6 Years Ago
Rated 4.4 stars based on 8 votes.

Character Creator 3 - Work-In-Progress 1 (Pre-Order Now!)

Author
Postfrosch
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
The new CC 3.0 promises to be a good program.
That with the free CC 3 for IC 7 users will be smears, was clear.
The purchase price of $ 199 for the pipeline version is certainly appropriate
(But we can also hope that this will be a user prize again.
So far so good. When listing the futures of the program is still somewhat unclear. But I do not mean the price (see above) and not IRay (which will probably be a separate (probably fee-based) overarching plug-in.

To make an avatar you need not only clothes and body but also a head. Certainly many want to design this body part themselves.
So far, one had to order heads to make their own images, the program CT 8 pipeline purchase. From the Futurevzählung does not show, however, whether for this (important?) Program function continues to CT 8 pipeline needed, or whether a "Kopferstellung after images function" in the CC 3.0 is integrated.

Many IC 7 users have bought this program to make their avatars from the CC a little more personal and can (hopefully) continue to use it with CC 3.
But what are new users doing - especially the targeted customer group who buy the CC 3.0 Pipeline as a stand-alone program without using IC 7?
If this group is forced to CT8pipeline (or if necessary its successor program) for the Kopferstellung after photos to acquire must. You no longer need 3dx7 pipeline to export avatars to Obj or FBX.

An information on this would certainly not bad from RL
Greetings from Germany
Postfrosch

Sorry for my bad english - it's only a Google-Translation

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
Edited
6 Years Ago by Postfrosch
rogyru
rogyru
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Look forward to this thanks to the team for the update. Worth it alone for the Auto-Skin Weighting for Clothes feature and tools
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
@Postfrosch: good question about head creation; I would like to know that too. You would think it should be part of CC3 with the quad mesh and all. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
I posted this as a comment when the video was first posted, but I'll mention it again here -- it should at least be a red flag that, once again, no animation is shown with the iRay examples.  No one would like to be proven wrong here than me, but the fact is it still looks like iRay for iClone is going to be in the range of the Indigo disaster (meaning, not practical for production animation work).  If this is this is the case no one here should get TOO excited about such things as, say, sub-surface scattering.

That said, CC3 looks very promising.  I have three or four concerns but they would be more appropriate to point out in a beta process which almost surely has passed (if we are indeed talking about, say, October for the release of this then they are already in serious beta).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
R Ham
R Ham
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 40 minutes ago
I look forward to CC3, and I'm relieved to see I've already paid for it. From reading, I can't figure out if I'll be able to use it to import DAZ clothing or not, and if yes, what character will be able to wear them, and what version of what program it will be required. I guess I'll have to wait and see like everybody else.

"Less clicks good, more clicks bad."
Tapticc
Tapticc
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (457 reputation)Senior Member (457 reputation)Senior Member (457 reputation)Senior Member (457 reputation)Senior Member (457 reputation)Senior Member (457 reputation)Senior Member (457 reputation)Senior Member (457 reputation)Senior Member (457 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Really looking forward to this, hoping as a current pipeline user this could help me get some early access to test the auto weight painting as this is an area causing me most delays currently!
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Oh and I think it's clear from what's shown you can use Daz clothing, and it will fit all (or at least most) characters, just like the more convoluted approach does now.

There are still some concerns I have -- we don't see anything about physics weighting (when it could be easily handled the same way as vertex weighting) and high heels aren't address.  I also worry about A-Pose versus T-Pose, a big concern when importing large pants and all dresses/skirts.  These are things that can be sorted out during beta, which they are almost surely already deep into.

Regardless of how easy this will all be it won't hurt to be familiar with doing it the way we can do it now.  For one thing, I still see a need for Blender in my own pipeline in this process, if nothing more than to consolidate materials (Daz does a horrible job in this regard, so my own Python routine will still be valuable).  I also have some concerns about weighting/smoothing, but we can leave that aside for now.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
R Ham
R Ham
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kelleytoons (5/22/2018)
Oh and I think it's clear from what's shown you can use Daz clothing, and it will fit all (or at least most) characters, just like the more convoluted approach does now.

There are still some concerns I have -- we don't see anything about physics weighting (when it could be easily handled the same way as vertex weighting) and high heels aren't address.  I also worry about A-Pose versus T-Pose, a big concern when importing large pants and all dresses/skirts.  These are things that can be sorted out during beta, which they are almost surely already deep into.

Regardless of how easy this will all be it won't hurt to be familiar with doing it the way we can do it now.  For one thing, I still see a need for Blender in my own pipeline in this process, if nothing more than to consolidate materials (Daz does a horrible job in this regard, so my own Python routine will still be valuable).  I also have some concerns about weighting/smoothing, but we can leave that aside for now.

I watched your vid about importing DAZ clothes into iClone, thank you. Hats off for doing it with Blender instead of rentware, too.  I could get through this, and in time I plan to experiment with it. Still, the procedure looks like a rigmarole to me. I would welcome a straightforward import process that allowed me to put a DAZ dress on a CC woman. When I see that I'll be properly impressed. And that's what I can't tell for sure from this topic. As for materials, my sights at this time are set a bit lower than yours. Right now, any way at all works for me so far as import is concerned.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I think almost anything looks difficult/tedious until you've done it, and done it a few times.  Then it's easy.  Hell, just trying to ride a bike you'd think it was impossible -- but a lot of folks do it and think nothing of it.

Bringing Daz clothes into CC is *really* easy.  I mean it -- takes me less than five minutes from start (in Daz) to finish (in iClone) for that aforementioned dress, including weight mapping.  Now, the process they are showing here does look better.  Not necessarily faster, but it offers some more precise tuning of the clothing that will be really helpful.  It doesn't address physics weight mapping, though, so you'll still need to understand and do it the way we do it now.  Actually, of all the things they show, the most helpful to me (the one you CAN'T do now) is to make some parts of the clothing rigid.  This is almost (not quite, but almost) impossible to do now.  But the rest?  I wouldn't wait.

If nothing more you will understand what has improved.  It doesn't mean you have to keep doing it, you can't wait five months and do it then.  I do intend to slow down on my clothing (quite honestly, though, I have so many items right now I'll never use them all.  I have brought in over 200 items in the last month or so).  But, again, it's going to be something well worth understanding completely (oh, and I see nothing in that pipeline they show to make items like Famecrafts hat any different -- IOW, you'll still need to do all you do now, because hats are NOT clothing, they are accessories).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
6 Years Ago by Kelleytoons
R Ham
R Ham
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kelleytoons (5/22/2018)
I think almost anything looks difficult/tedious until you've done it, and done it a few times.  Then it's easy.  Hell, just trying to ride a bike you'd think it was impossible -- but a lot of folks do it and think nothing of it.

This is a very appropriate analogy. I think of iClone as a bike. A tool I can use to accomplish a purpose. A means to an end. I don't mind carrying a tool bag, and I'm not afraid to use it, but I don't want to build a bike. I want to ride it. Smile

Reading This Topic