Profile Picture

Character Creator 3 - Work-In-Progress 1 (Pre-Order Now!)

Posted By Miranda (RL) 6 Years Ago
Rated 4.4 stars based on 8 votes.

Character Creator 3 - Work-In-Progress 1 (Pre-Order Now!)

Author
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 12 hours ago
TonyDPrime (6/18/2018)
SO- You want to know what's sucking up time off of CC and iClone stuff? 

I'll tell you what-
It's all that CTA3 mayhem that's been going on.
3 tutorials!
each 1.5 hrs!...
about 'making an animation in no-time'...CrazyCrazyCrazy

Ugh!  Take a break from developing that and focus on iClone and CC!   Angry

Tony, be nice...Kiss

The CTA users have often feel slighted, as all attention always seems to be on iClone and CC. It's probably a different development group anyway...Unsure

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
animagic (6/19/2018)
TonyDPrime (6/18/2018)
SO- You want to know what's sucking up time off of CC and iClone stuff? 

I'll tell you what-
It's all that CTA3 mayhem that's been going on.
3 tutorials!
each 1.5 hrs!...
about 'making an animation in no-time'...CrazyCrazyCrazy

Ugh!  Take a break from developing that and focus on iClone and CC!   Angry

Tony, be nice...Kiss

The CTA users have often feel slighted, as all attention always seems to be on iClone and CC. It's probably a different development group anyway...Unsure

LOL....Well, either development group:
1 - is a different group, in which case CTA users are not impacted by anything iClone or CC, and are just being selfish
2 - is the same group, in which case BOTH are justified in feeling slighted!  But if this is the case, YES - I feel slighted! 
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
RL - by the way, have you been getting crashes with Iray in multi-GPU scenarios, or are testing scenarios pretty stable? 
If you are getting crashes, that's pretty normal.  Sometimes it can be the power demand on the PSU that causes GPU disconnect, other times the actual rendering can 'clog' the VRAM to the point where a GPU fails.
GPUs failing can freeze the PC, sometimes it's just a Windows precautionary move to avoid hardware damage.  
Multi-GPU CUDA rendering can be quite temperamental!
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Not expected that my comments regarding to head creation will cause lots of confusion. Sorry about that! Sad
We were trying to explain the current situation and workaround of using RLHeads, so the users who own CT8 Pipeline and Realistic Human 100 content pack will know how to apply RLHeads in CC3.
As far as I know, advanced head creation solution is still under discussion. I'm not able to give you any solid answer now.

Miranda (RL) (6/15/2018)

Head Creation

In the first version of CC3, CC3 characters are not compatible with RLHeads from CrazyTalk 8, however, users can apply RLHeads on CC1 base in CC3 first, and then click a button to convert CC1 base to CC3 base. The conversion result of this workaround is good. We will make CC3 characters compatible with RLHeads in later version.

VirtualMedia
VirtualMedia
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
mr_vidius (6/15/2018)
Hello Miranda,
I plan on a purchase of the iclone pipeline. that is a good investment. but to purchase a CT8 pipeline.. for a product I don't use.. not a good investment.

Nailed it, CT8 was the biggest dog and pony show I recall from RL. I'm stuck with it and won't install it on my PC.

That aside, even in CC2 you can export with ease to 3DCoat or Substance.

Not trying to up-sell  but after 20 minutes on one of Kai's tutorials I was BLOW AWAY by what 3DCoat can do. For creating faces / textures it's so far and away a better tool for creating faces than CT8 their not even in the same category. Spend  20 minutes with 3DCoat and your face creation problems are solved.  -- A little longer to master Wink

Haven't even got to substance yet, it appears that were RL's leaning, however they both work very well for texture / face creation.

They usually have 99$ deals around the holidays.

3DCoat and Substance are battling it out with free feature updates..

Please try the demos, you won't regret it.

Virtual Media® / VTV® / The Virtual Entertainment Network...
http://VTVLive.com
Edited
6 Years Ago by VirtualMedia
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
I will chime in with praise for 3DCoat -- two more things it works well with is creating weight maps for cloth (really pretty amazing in this regard) and, unlike almost any other program out there (certainly Substance can't do it) creating UV maps.

Creating UV maps is a snap, and even improving existing ones is easy.  That alone is reason enough to buy the program.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
AasmundSchei
AasmundSchei
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Im not sure if this have been adressed, but will iClone 7 owners have to buy iRay as a seperate plugin? Because I remember pipeline owners of previous tools got Curve editor for free.

Desktop
: ASUS ROG Maximus IX Formula - 16GB ram - i7 7700K Kaby Lake @ 4.2ghz - ASUS GeForce ROG 1080 8GB Strix advanced - M.2 NVMe: Samsung 960 500GB - Windows 10 home

Edited
6 Years Ago by AasmundSchei
immforum
immforum
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)

Hi, you have to add an age generator for the characters (child-adult-senior). The current system is only good for creating senior characters. It is very important!, 
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
It's a separate plugin. Users who owned 3DXchange 7 Pipeline still need to pay extra for it.

AasmundSchei (6/22/2018)
Im not sure if this have been adressed, but will iClone 7 owners have to buy iRay as a seperate plugin? Because I remember pipeline owners of previous tools got Curve editor for free.

Rogue Anime
Rogue Anime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Hi Miranda - I seem to be a bit confused here.(my primary state of consciousnessWink )Somewhere in this thread it was explained what was 'free' in the way of CC3, & iRay plug-in for current owners of the big 3 programs (CC2, iC7, 3DX) If I could get clarification of which products are considered a 'free' plug-in/upgrade, and what will be required for all current owners to buy to have what is needed when the new products are available for pre-order.
Thank you in advance for catching me up in this dept. ~V~

Val RogueAnanda
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e82de505-c57a-40b9-8cb0-9f87.png

Reading This Topic