Profile Picture

"Curve Editor" and where is the actual editor? Where are the operations of copying, pasting?

Posted By dogged2003 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

"Curve Editor" and where is the actual editor? Where are the...

Author
Problem.png
dogged2003
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
RL himself got confused in terms of: "Motion Root", "Actor Root", "Character's Pivot and Motion Root" (and why this is missing from the dog and cat props???), made a number of menus: "Align Actor Motion", "Aligning to Actor Orientation", "Reset Motion Root", "Reset Motion Root Rotation". A lot of articles in the documentation: "Aligning Motions and Actor Orientation", "Align Actor Motion", "Connective Motions without Back to Origin", "Reset Motion Pivot", "Resetting Motion Root", "Synchronizing Pivot and Motion Root".
All this does not work when working in Time Line. When we edit motion.
And we are not allowed to correct their omissions.
Why is it not possible to copy the curve from "d\Position Y" to "c\Position Y"?
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/13873362-1532-4d19-a806-04bf.jpg

My YouTube channel.
dogged2003
dogged2003
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

How to copy the curve from "d\Position Y" to "c\Position Y"?

My YouTube channel.
wires
wires
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
dogged2003 (5/22/2018)
How to copy the curve from "d\Position Y" to "c\Position Y"?

Where, and what, are "d\Position Y" and "c\Position Y"?

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
dogged2003 (5/21/2018)
RL himself got confused in terms of: "Motion Root", "Actor Root", "Character's Pivot and Motion Root" (and why this is missing from the dog and cat props???), made a number of menus: "Align Actor Motion", "Aligning to Actor Orientation", "Reset Motion Root", "Reset Motion Root Rotation". A lot of articles in the documentation: "Aligning Motions and Actor Orientation", "Align Actor Motion", "Connective Motions without Back to Origin", "Reset Motion Pivot", "Resetting Motion Root", "Synchronizing Pivot and Motion Root".
All this does not work when working in Time Line. When we edit motion.
And we are not allowed to correct their omissions.
Why is it not possible to copy the curve from "d\Position Y" to "c\Position Y"?

Unfortunately Dogged your post is a little difficult to understand.

Please can you explain the problems you are having in a bit more detail, perhaps giving an example of your workflow leading up to the issue occurring. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

dogged2003
dogged2003
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Peter (RL) (5/22/2018)
Unfortunately Dogged your post is a little difficult to understand.
Please can you explain the problems you are having in a bit more detail, perhaps giving an example of your workflow leading up to the issue occurring. Thanks.

Hello. 
Choose a curve - there is. Cut and paste - no.
Let's go small steps to the best product.
I want the following for ease of use in the Editor of curves:
I want to be able to cut out a curve and paste. At least within the same object.

My YouTube channel.
dogged2003
dogged2003
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hello!
Why is aligning the movement so difficult? Why in the curve editor, there is no menu like in the Time Line: to equalize the beginning of the curve at the end of the curve from the previous movement?
I chose the curve, clicked with the right mouse button, and should be able to transfer the whole curve relative to the previous position of the actor / object through the menu item.
Now it takes a very long time:

My YouTube channel.
dogged2003
dogged2003
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Peter (RL) (5/22/2018)

It's not a mistake. This is not a revision. For your reaction, do I have to post all this in the Feedback Tracker?

My YouTube channel.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
dogged2003 (5/25/2018)
Peter (RL) (5/22/2018)

It's not a mistake. This is not a revision. For your reaction, do I have to post all this in the Feedback Tracker?

Hi Dogged,

Thank you for explaining more. 

If you have any requested improvements to the Curve Editor, or you want to report non-critical issues, then please do submit these in the Feedback Tracker.

If you believe you have a critical issue that is preventing you using the Curve Editor correctly, please contact Technical Support.

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic