Expand Career Related Outfits

Posted By JasonWynngard 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
JasonWynngard
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 days ago
I'd like to see the RL team give focus on more career related outfits. Now, to be honst, I think the independent developers who make MarketPlace products including freebies for those of us who lack the skill is wonderful. THANK YOU. But a bit too often than I care for, some items don't work as anticipated or promised. Such stuff made by RL tends to not come with the frustrations and sometimes wasted money as some independent made items. In brief, examples of what I'd like to see are: Scientist apparel such as lab coats, scientist characters, and at least semi-realistic looking astronaut suits that don't look like retro 1935 - 1950 sci fi suits. I'd like to see things like this given thought for writers who wish to avoid paying hefty fees for bookcover artists by using iClone to create images for their own ebook or printed book covers.Which might be a market niche for RL to consider seriously.

Omen HP17t ck00 -- Windows 11 -- 32GB RAM -- Two 1TB Crucial M.2 NVME Drives -- nVidia Geoforce RTX 3070 -- 11th Generation i9 -- LG 32" QUHD Monitor

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Thank you for the feedback. Your request will be considered. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Here's a test of my new machine with some sets I have along with other clothing from Daz.  It does have a spacesuit a little more modern (and the girl is a scientist :>Wink.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
JasonWynngard
JasonWynngard
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
Kellytoons, I think you did a fine job with this scene. I too managed ton create an astronaut using a DAZ character and their Planet Explorer spacesuit package. But the lab coat I'm still stuggling to get it 100% right. I think I solved my main problem using the MarketPlace lab coat. It was an ordeal to fit the coat to the character. Fortunately, I only wanted the character as part of the book cover art. Fortunate because when I just playfully animated it was horrible with the shirt poking through in multiple locations. That's more than likely due to my not taking time to refine the collision aspects. But I was in no mood for further Greco-Roman wresting with this. Mainly because the coat exuded a VERY bright appearance you'd probably expect from an angel or reflecting a powerful spotlight. iC7 wouldn't let me adjust the appearance and further wouldn't let me enter my preferred (or any) texture editor to make adjustments outside of iC7. I finally solved that problem on a crazy hunch. I went back to Character Creator 2 and had it send the avitar to iC6 instead of iC7. Lo and behold, the excessive brightness disappeared. So I got the pose the way I wanted it with only a tiny exposure spot for the underlying shirt, very tiny. But all that wrestling shouldn't have been necessary for such a small project.

Back to your video, very nicely done appearance-wise. I'd like to explore more about it or at last view more of your similar work.

Omen HP17t ck00 -- Windows 11 -- 32GB RAM -- Two 1TB Crucial M.2 NVME Drives -- nVidia Geoforce RTX 3070 -- 11th Generation i9 -- LG 32" QUHD Monitor

Reading This Topic