INTERACTIVE ICLONE?

Posted By 2IDs media:design 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
2IDs media:design
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi out there
Is there any solution to get Iclone interactive ( a peak of it we saw in the "interactive shooter" from the older content of iclone v5)

There sould be much more like to define buttons, events,timer and interaction with the user via keyboard,mouse and so on.
Anyone an idea how to realize this?
It should be something like actionscripting under "Flash " (old days are gone :-)

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 1 hour ago
At present there is no API available but in a future update we will be releasing the iClone Python API. 

The adding of Python Scripting to iClone will bring extensive design power for those who seek to create custom controlers and unique feature enhancements. The first stage we will open the animation API for iClone such as: RTS for props, cameras and devices for animation or mocap control. Further controls will be added later.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Famekrafts
Famekrafts
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
That sounds very interesting.

I think with python scripting which is even used for Blender, someone may be able to cook up an app or script just like Goz for Zbrush, so that blender mesh can be directly sent to 3d exchange or iClone without the mess of exporting and importing again and adding and adjusting textures in iClone. Will save lot of time.

CTA5, Iclone 7, 3D Exchange Pro, Character Creator 3, Popcornfx plugin, Zbrush, Blender, Vue 2014, Adobe cc suite, Spriter
Homebuild Workstation (Pretty old now but still working great) Win 10, Intel i7 950, 24 GB RAM DDR3, Gigabyte x58a-ud7 motherboard, AMD R9 390 sapphire 8GB VRAM.
Official Website  Reallusion Store  

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Interesting, yes.
But you must curb your enthusiasm.

As Peter(RL) said, the first release will be VERY LIMITED.  Useful, but limited.
Basically you will be able to Translate (move), Rotate, and Scale objects.  That seems to be about 98% of what you'll be able to do with Python on this first release.

It's still exciting.  It's a wonderful step in the right direction.  But you won't be creating your own game system or automating avatars or even automating tasks such as applying textures for the forseeable future.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Famekrafts
Famekrafts
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Still, it is going towards the right direction.

CTA5, Iclone 7, 3D Exchange Pro, Character Creator 3, Popcornfx plugin, Zbrush, Blender, Vue 2014, Adobe cc suite, Spriter
Homebuild Workstation (Pretty old now but still working great) Win 10, Intel i7 950, 24 GB RAM DDR3, Gigabyte x58a-ud7 motherboard, AMD R9 390 sapphire 8GB VRAM.
Official Website  Reallusion Store  

Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
The first stage we will open the animation API

Was hoping for more than that but still, it is a big step in the right direction I think.
Need to get access to it before I know but for now I will be positive that it will give us good potentials seeing as animation can be one of the most time consuming things to do manually when working with many objects.
Hoping morph animation will be part of this, it took me a lot of time setting the animations of my morph animatable waves, especially getting each individual morph object to translate to their similar positions in the ocean as I animate them.
      Having to go and check what their positions were in another object at particular frames so I could calculate where to put the one I was working on.
      Having to reset the positions of everything because after watching the animation and deciding they needed their translations adjusted so they flowed further or less within the morph animation.
      Oops I started them to close to the beach now I need to move them all further out and readjust where they move to for each of the morph animations
Being able to program those sorts of calculations and adjustments to apply to specified objects should make it much quicker to do those sorts of things.

Also animation could possibly be the most primary thing we do with iClone. So yep, a good place to start.
Also hope once this is done the API already developed is going to make it easier and therefore quicker to add the extra additions than what it has taken so far.
I totally understand why, but still wish it was quicker to release ....grinning.
I'm very keen for it.

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
6 Years Ago by Delerna

Reading This Topic