Profile Picture

Enabling hair physics in Unity with a hair I bought from the Reallusion content store (not...

Posted By mocappin 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Enabling hair physics in Unity with a hair I bought from the...

Author
mocappin
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hey all, I'm not sure if this is in the right section but I'd like a little guidance.

My goal right now is to enable hair physics/real time hair in Unity, the kind where if a character starts running, the hair flows, and if the character abruptly stops, the hair does a little jerky motion before relaxing. The hair I bought works fine when I animate within iClone, but once I start to export it into an fbx file using 3dxchange, the hair doesn't move at all. It doesn't move in 3dxchange when I preview an animation and it doesn't move in unity when I control my character's movements. I've activated springs in 3dxchange (I think) but it just doesn't move. I'm not sure if what I'm doing is sufficient enough or if I'm missing anything as I'm pretty new to the whole workflow.

So, what to do next: Do I give bones to the hair in another program like blender? That way I could just do the physics thing in unity, if I'm understanding this correctly?
That's opened up another set of roadblocks due to my inexperience, and I'm wondering if I'm going about it all wrong.

I googled around a bit and I think there was a post from a few years ago regarding hair physics not working in Unity unless you tweak it with another program, but I'm curious if that's changed.

Thanks for reading, any help/insight is appreciated.

Reading This Topic