iCLone hair in Unity wrong

Posted By Dutchottie 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Dutchottie
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Hi,
I've been trying to get the hair mesh of several iClone (CC) characters somewhat right in Unity (2017.4.2) but to no avail.
I've used default Unity export settings in 3DXchange. I've tried applying the textures that came with the export in Unity, changed the shader to several other option, etc. The hair stays more or less one blob instead of showing some hair structure. Please see the attached screen shot.
Can you please help me in getting the hair at least somewhat right?

Thanks ever so much,

Marco

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/32ce08fd-66cb-4c20-8f67-67b6.png
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I know nothing about Unity (so others will jump in to help here) but this is almost surely a transparency issue -- have you loaded in the opacity maps that iClone creates?  You can see them in iClone (select the hair and go to material settings and find that opacity map - save it out from there).  I assume Unity has similar opacity maps you can apply to materials.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic