AAW Contest WIP

Posted By Mythcons 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Mythcons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I wish there was a designated place to put WIP threads for the Animation At Work Contest, similar to the 3D character design contest from 2016. I have little experience in animation (or even illustration), but the software is freely provided for the length of the contest, and I may surprise myself in how far I get. I'm currently playing with character designs, and have not settled on an idea. Although some ideas are coming to me, both good and bad. I'm using Clip Studio for illustration.

garylearntech
garylearntech
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi Mythcons - I'd have thought the "Animation At Work Contest 2018" sub-forum would be the perfect place for what you're after?  The thread you looked at the other day ("01 Animation At Work Contest 2018 - Sharing Center") seems to pretty much says as much.  Is there something makes you think this would be inappropriate?

For those who haven't spotted the new sub-forum yet (I only spotted it yesterday), it's located at the top of the parent level for this post (ie CrazyTalk Animator > General).

---
Cartoon Animator 4 Pipeline (always the current production version, unless otherwise stated)
Mac mini M1, macOS Big Sur (11.6.5)
Signature data last updated 2022-05-15

Mythcons
Mythcons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Thanks for the response. Yes, I figured brainstorming random ideas about my project in a thread reserved for shared discussion would be a tad inappropriate, and would cause thread-clutter. I will probably stick to this thread until I get a solid idea.

I'm still playing around with ideas and the learning basics of 2D rigging. I came up with this character, but I don't feel he's set up right. I'm enjoying the learning process, and appreciate the chance to try out the software during this competition.

Mythcons
Mythcons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Baba Yaga scene concept for animation. Probably going with this. Just need to get something clarified about the rules of the contest before I proceed further.

Reading This Topic