iC6 and Imported FBX Characters

Posted By JasonWynngard 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
JasonWynngard
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week

I’m not sure where to place my issue, so am gambling by placing it here. I do hope however, someone can change my misery to cheer. First let me share what I have on my computer. Which may explain my frustration, causing me to cuss and mutter. My iClone version is iClone 6.54. I’d like version 7.21 but I’m currently too poor. I have 3DXchange for iClone 5. Yes, this dainty program is very much alive. Has and continues to serve me well I must say. Thus my reason for keeping it and electing not to toss it away.

So now with this silly word play set aside, I’ll get right to the matter. I want to use iC6 to create images for use on fiction books. At this time a science fiction tale. However, far as I know Reallusion never has had a suitable 3D astronaut character. Big Boss made a run at it several years ago but it just doesn’t fit my need. So, what I did very recently was return to 3DAZ after years of abandoning it. I’ll forgo why. After buying and installing the suggested Michael version, the astronaut suits and equipment, the terrain etc the result were as follows. Genesis 2 Darrin and Planetary Explorers suit/equipment were a happy success for me. Perfect fit and all that. I was unable to add the Mars terrain though they were supposed to work with the scene. OK, I rendered my spaceman, 3DXchange captured the FBX though face wasn’t clearly seen as it was in DAZ. Saved as a character, iC6 was unable to allow me to position it as I wanted. I didn’t want animation in the usual sense. I only needed to pose the body, arms and legs indicative of a fall. I was then going to place an actual Mars surface image as a background scene. Then save the whole as an image for use as a book cover. I’m unable to do that. If anyone knows how or can do this, I’d appreciate it. A 1.5 week effort has gotten me nowhere except losing about $200.00 trying recommended solutions on DAZ in the form of more Michael versions and such. And the cussing I mentioned earlier.

Omen HP17t ck00 -- Windows 11 -- 32GB RAM -- Two 1TB Crucial M.2 NVME Drives -- nVidia Geoforce RTX 3070 -- 11th Generation i9 -- LG 32" QUHD Monitor

Reading This Topic