Profile Picture

Upgraded tp Pipeline from CTA3 pro but now...

Posted By AFrancois 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
AFrancois
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I Upgraded tp Pipeline from CTA3 pro but some things are unclear:
1. I now have 2 apps installed "CrazyTalk Animator 3 Pro.app" and "CrazyTalk Animator 3-Pipe.app" – Do I uninstall 3 pro?
(oddly 3Pro is 2Gb, while 3Pipe is only 360Mb)
2. Are all my previous purchases of add-on packages, props, motion libraries etc now also available to 3Pipe?
3. Where do template files go? (some were provided as part of the 3Pipe upgrade)
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Normally you will not be permitted to install the Pipeline version until you uninstall the Pro version because you may get conflicts between versions.

If you chose to overwrite the Pro version then you run into problems. Overall it may be better to uninstall both versions and then just install the Pipeline version just to be sure.

Are you using the Mac version of CTA3 or the Windows version?

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

AFrancois
AFrancois
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hmm, big thanks for the clarification. I have the Mac version (App Store) of CTA3 Pro. I didn't uninstall that first, and installed the Pipeline upgrade. Now there are two versions. Perhaps because it was the App Store version of CTA3 that it was allowed to coexist with the direct download version of Pipeline?
So, would the next step be to uninstall everything an then reinstall Pipeline (and therefore reinstall all the extras)?
NB: When using the installer stubs (like for G3 Elastic Motions) I was given the choice of choosing which versions to install these for; CTA3 and/or Pipeline. It seems that I can happily launch Both versions. Im just not sure all the extras are available now in Pipeline, or in the right places – I can identify that same are available.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/66967819-e01f-4513-93d7-fcaf.png
Peter (RL)
This post has been flagged as an answer
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Thanks for confirming the Pro version came from the App Store. That will be why the two versions were able to be installed alongside each other.

You shouldn't have any problems in this case as they came from different sources, but the Pro version will now be redundant as all Pro features are included with the Pipeline version. For this reason and to avoid confusion you might want to just uninstall the Pro version. The Pipeline version should be fine left installed if content packs are identifying it correctly. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
6 Years Ago by Peter (RL)

Reading This Topic