Profile Picture

About Nvidia IRAY, and all the nonsense I've already said in the forum.

Posted By wildstar 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

About Nvidia IRAY, and all the nonsense I've already said in the...

Author
wildstar
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
first clarify and apologize for the reallusion for the bullshit I said in the forum and I will quote.

1 -" HBO + is bad, SSAO is much better." NO, it's definitely not.
HBAO + along with VXAO are the best options to use along with VXGI. and after testing all the options in the market that use SSAO I have seen how HBAO + is higher and currently only loses to AO Raytrace.
2 - "ICLONE does not process the textures well, to something wrong." More bullshit I said. recently I discovered that the problem was not in the iclone but in the  Character creator BASES, exists a  very big difference in the distribution of Texel from head to body and today I can say with certainty that whoever did the texture unwrap of the bases of the CC did WRONG!. I avoid  this problem. creating a totally 4k skin texture base. and I will never again use the CC appearence editor until the reallusion fixes and it stops compressing the textures at the time of processing. .
3 iclone's dof is bad. It is yes and no, it is not. iclone's DOF ​​currently only has one problem. in scenes with GLOW emissive. in the background + DOF and if you use Supersampling Supersampling spoils the whole image generating boxes where it has glow. taking it off. iclone's DOF ​​is perfectly usable.
3 - "It is a mistake to put IRAY in place of OCTANE RENDER." again I was wrong !. From yesterday to today I did several tests with the new IRAY 1.7 for 3ds max. and I can say. the new IRAY uses DXR, is stupidly fast and with AIdenoiser. I was able to generate totally noise free images in low light situations (Achilles heel of this type of render) with only 15 steps - (8 to 10 seconds of rendering), these are extreme situations of interior rendering. in simpler situations. like external or well-lit areas this can turn out to be realtime.
I was comparing with the Iray it has in DAZ 4.10. but the Iray that this version of Daz is not the new iray.
The only doubt now is.
when we will have the Iray in Iclone and if it will be free as in DAZ, or as plug in paid, and if paid how much it will cost. Iray for 3dsmax currently costs $ 345
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
WildStar ....
So with 'Supersampling' turned 'off' - you're happy with the DOF effect rendered out of iClone ?
Steve.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

wildstar
wildstar
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

sonic7 (4/22/2018)
WildStar ....
So with 'Supersampling' turned 'off' - you're happy with the DOF effect rendered out of iClone ?
Steve.

like i said steve, "its usable" comparing with another realtime solutions iclone DOF do its great. and yes , without supersampling now with this superfast render on 7.21 you can use any image resolution output to do supersample yourself
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
The iRay in iClone shown so far looks anything but "stupidly fast" -- and it was an outdoor scene with no amazing lighting.  IIRC (and I may not -- old) it was around 30 seconds a frame, which is, IMHO, "stupidly slow".  Or, to put it better, unusable for animation purposes (if for some reason we could have a render farm this objection would vanish -- I don't see that coming from RL in my lifetime).

I wouldn't assume the iRay in iClone will be the match of what you tested in Max.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
wildstar
wildstar
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kelleytoons (4/22/2018)
The iRay in iClone shown so far looks anything but "stupidly fast" -- and it was an outdoor scene with no amazing lighting.  IIRC (and I may not -- old) it was around 30 seconds a frame, which is, IMHO, "stupidly slow".  Or, to put it better, unusable for animation purposes (if for some reason we could have a render farm this objection would vanish -- I don't see that coming from RL in my lifetime).

I wouldn't assume the iRay in iClone will be the match of what you tested in Max.

Old Iray - 1.6. ( max version ) slow like the iray on Daz 4.10.  New Iray 1.7 (max version) AI denoiser and superfast render . using DXR resources. i dont believe 
reallusion put the old iray on iclone.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

But did you SEE the iClone iRay demo?  It was stupidly slow (so slow, IIRC, they didn't even show the whole render process, just cutaway after a while to show the finished frame).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
6 Years Ago by Kelleytoons
wildstar
wildstar
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

They corrected on Roadmap "iray with AI denoiser" so i believe is new DXR iray. about the demo. lets give reallusion a break, is a demo of a WIP, just research on google about new iray using AIdenoiser , its a monster now and its come to destroy the render market. about be free or paid
i believe the just is, iray comes free in like DAZ , as standalone, and Mocha comes paid. is the just Smile 
Edited
6 Years Ago by wildstar
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I trust my eyes more than I trust hype, and I believe that if their WIP shows it being that slow, it ain't gonna get much better later on.

But we'll see how you feel when it comes out (and remember I might say "I told you so").

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
wildstar (4/22/2018)
They corrected on Roadmap "iray with AI denoiser" so i believe is new DXR iray. about the demo. lets give reallusion a break, is a demo of a WIP, just research on google about new iray using AIdenoiser , its a monster now and its come to destroy the render market. about be free or paid
i believe the just is, iray comes free in like DAZ , as standalone, and Mocha comes paid. is the just Smile 

Wildstar, I really want this to be the case, but looking I don't see any reference to "Denoise", or "Noise", or "Denoising", it just says AI Accelerated, which could mean anything?
Where do you see it?
wildstar
wildstar
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

TonyDPrime (4/22/2018)
wildstar (4/22/2018)

Wildstar, I really want this to be the case, but looking I don't see any reference to "Denoise", or "Noise", or "Denoising", it just says AI Accelerated, which could mean anything?
Where do you see it?

yes i believe , who made the post make a mistake. on render world actual about "AI" or it will be AI denoiser or AI lights. its no other "AI" so i really believe the guy make the post when say "AI acellerated" he means AI denoiser i hope be right Smile
Edited
6 Years Ago by wildstar

Reading This Topic