Lip sync in CTA3 and CT8

Posted By renato.bello 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
renato.bello
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (574 reputation)Veteran Member (574 reputation)Veteran Member (574 reputation)Veteran Member (574 reputation)Veteran Member (574 reputation)Veteran Member (574 reputation)Veteran Member (574 reputation)Veteran Member (574 reputation)Veteran Member (574 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I really need the best lip sync tools to use in my projects but it would be better if I can animate the whole character. CTA3 and CT8 have the same lip sync tools?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Both CTA3 and CT8 generate excellent automatic lip-sync but CT8 does have additional features like auto motion and auto reactive motion to save time animating facial expressions. So if you only need a single talking 2D or 3D head then CT8 will likely be the best choice. However if you want to animate full bodied characters and/or have more than one talking character, then CTA3 will be the best choice. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

renato.bello
renato.bello
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (574 reputation)Veteran Member (574 reputation)Veteran Member (574 reputation)Veteran Member (574 reputation)Veteran Member (574 reputation)Veteran Member (574 reputation)Veteran Member (574 reputation)Veteran Member (574 reputation)Veteran Member (574 reputation)

Thanks for the reply

If I use CTA3 can I create the lipsync automatically as happens in CT8? I intend to buy a standard version. Will it help me to get a perfect lip sync and an animated body?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Yes CTA3 creates automatic lip-sync in the same way as CT8. You can record a voice, load a pre-recorded wav or mp3 file, or use text to speech.

One thing you do need to be aware of is that you won't be able to create your own custom characters in CTA3 Standard. You will need Pro or Pipeline to do this. The Standard version is intended for those who only wish to use the included characters (which can be customised) or use extra character packs purchased from the Content Store.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

renato.bello
renato.bello
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Ok. Thanks

So I think I should use CTA3 instead of CT8 even if I don't want to animate the body since I want to show the entire body but it's not necessary to animate it. I need mainly the lip sync. As I understood I will don't have the face motion feature in the CTA3, right?

I got the CTA3 trial. Could you have any tutorial teaching the lip sync using CTA3?

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

CTA3 doesn't have the auto-motion features of CT8 but the lip-sync features work the same way.

Please take a look at the tutorial below. This should help you understand the basics.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

renato.bello
renato.bello
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thanks I will take a look at this video. Do you know if I can use the mouth I designed for my character or I need to use the program options?
renato.bello
renato.bello
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Coul you please answer my last question? I intend to buy Crazy Talk Animator 3 and I just want to know if I can use a mouth I designed and what are the procedures?

One more question: could I export only the mouth animation?

Thanks.
Edited
6 Years Ago by renato.bello
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

renato.bello (4/20/2018)
Thanks I will take a look at this video. Do you know if I can use the mouth I designed for my character or I need to use the program options?

Yes you can use your own mouth or any other facial features. If you are importing a morph based head from a photo you just set the fitting points to the mouth in the image. If you are using a sprite based head then you can just create a custom head using your own sprites. Please see HERE for help with this process.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

renato.bello (4/22/2018)

One more question: could I export only the mouth animation?

Thanks.

Can you explain more about this. Do you mean you want to export a character that has a mouth but no other facial features?

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic